GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 GTI SE, First Time VW Owner Intro

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I would...uh...be more concerned about those wheels than anything else.

Congrats on the car though, sorry for being a douche :D

WASTGTI17

Passed Driver's Ed
Save and invest in some nice wheels, tires, spacers and lowering springs (like VWR). It's your car, but personally these were on top of my list during the first 6 months of driving. Also, if you like to rub on her sometimes... watch some of the pro's on youtube detail cars and learn. Can save major bucks doing everything yourself (a buddy helps).

Congrats on your GTI, mine just hit 4400 miles and I love this car. I already have done what I mentioned earlier plus the jb4/down-pipe/vibrant resonator/IE Intake (for noises). I know drive the windiest roads I can find, the daily commute is now fun.

Last edited:

VdubbinCT

Ready to race!
Washed the car today for the first time and new photos, non rainy day photo

Attachments

• 0815181800_2.jpg
    0815181800_2.jpg
    734.4 KB · Views: 277
  • 2018-08-15_20.40.56_2.jpg
    2018-08-15_20.40.56_2.jpg
    465.3 KB · Views: 270

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
let's all jump on new kids camera....wait, he said he has a good one. Maybe he just is a crappy photographer......

Poor impulse control :) kidding

VdubbinCT

Ready to race!
let's all jump on new kids camera....wait, he said he has a good one. Maybe he just is a crappy photographer......

Poor impulse control :) kidding

I took the first ones from like 500 feet away or so, which I don't know why so far away haha, and than edited the photo by zooming in and cropping it. The ones I took in the sunshine were from like 5 feet away, no zooming really to it.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
I took the first ones from like 500 feet away or so, which I don't know why so far away haha, and than edited the photo by zooming in and cropping it. The ones I took in the sunshine were from like 5 feet away, no zooming really to it.

They still don't look great. Did you wipe any oil off the camera lenses before taking them? Maybe it has to do with compression with the host site, or settings with the phone. Do you have HDR enabled for the pictures? The v30 has great cameras for sure, so something else has to be going on. I'll upload a pic or two from my Nexus 6P in a bit.... have to make a new imgur and upload photos since I deleted my facebook account. Maybe it's just the type of link you chose for the photos. Who knows.

dadwagen

Nice purchase! I ended up getting the exact same thing ('18 DSG SE in night blue metallic) and love it so far. It's equally at home screaming around side roads or toting kids around town.

I haven't gotten any mods aside from a few superficial things (badgeskins to make the front and rear logos red, DeAutoLED red footwell lamps) - I'm going to wait until it's much closer to being out of warranty to start experimenting with performance stuff. Definitely picking up a good set of winter wheels and tires soon (being in Eastern MA).

VdubbinCT

Ready to race!
Nice purchase! I ended up getting the exact same thing ('18 DSG SE in night blue metallic) and love it so far. It's equally at home screaming around side roads or toting kids around town.

I haven't gotten any mods aside from a few superficial things (badgeskins to make the front and rear logos red, DeAutoLED red footwell lamps) - I'm going to wait until it's much closer to being out of warranty to start experimenting with performance stuff. Definitely picking up a good set of winter wheels and tires soon (being in Eastern MA).

I love them Toyo tires! I feel so lost with these tires that came with the car. I always have had Toyo's and they handle amazing on cornering, dry roads, wet roads, snow-covered roads, and so on. But I don't want to replace them til needed so I'll try to ride these out for a winter