GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

anyone from AZ (phoenix)

Haboob

Passed Driver's Ed
They are. I park a white silver SE (not Autobahn) on the roof of 401 w Jeff (because I'm always the last to arrive - lol). There's no law against tardiness.

On Thursday I noticed a white silver SE or Autobahn in the garage with temp plates. Is that you? I figured seeing mine inspired you to run out and buy your own. Well, sorta...

Yes, that's me (Autobahn)!

I guess I haven't figured out how to tell visually whether it's an SE or Autobahn yet, haha.

I thought the wheels would tell, but I guess not (I also didn't want to creep around the car too long and look suspicious on camera, haha).

I usually parked my Z on the 3rd floor or so, so I never made it up top anywhere - I only recently saw when I was walking out to our work van.

Moonray

Passed Driver's Ed
I usually parked my Z on the 3rd floor or so, so I never made it up top anywhere - I only recently saw when I was walking out to our work van.

Dark blue Z with cool wheels? That was a sweet ride. That color+wheel combo was about the nicest Z I've seen (Night Blue is my favorite GTI color). Trade it in?

Haboob

Passed Driver's Ed
Dark blue Z with cool wheels? That was a sweet ride. That color+wheel combo was about the nicest Z I've seen (Night Blue is my favorite GTI color). Trade it in?

Yep. Midnight Blue and the wheels (when clean) were Bronze Burst. I really liked it.

I liked the way it turned heads driving around too, I don't get that in the GTI anymore. It's kind of weird.

And yeah, I traded it in. Almost at 100k on a clutch slave cylinder (made of plastic) that was Nissan's weak point (at least '09-'12, there was no word on the '13+ models if it was resolved, I may have just lucked out). I was also tired of the manual transmission in traffic and lack of OEM electronic toys, etc. (nav, quality sound, touchscreen (I had an aftermarket, but it's not the same), other safety features).

It was also very noisy inside on any type of road and even when I put the OEM exhaust back on. You'd have to nearly yell just to have a conversation, and could feel every bump, hear (shockingly loud) every rock that hit the underside/wheel well, lol.

Haboob

Passed Driver's Ed

We finally passed one another the other day! Took me forever to find a damn parking spot...

Thankfully that was the last day I had to work a late shift until October.

Eman1

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI
Just got back from salt river canyon. Best drive of my life out there but it was nearly 300 miles round trip. There’s one section with 4 180+ degree hairpins one after another.

Gonna take a look at tortilla flat and maybe run that sometime soon too.

A meet this week could work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eman1

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI

A few pics from the salt river canyon run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk