GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 GTI vs FoxBody

Beamer2Clean

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
So I finally got the time to take my car to the strip and run it. Was trying to run my friend’s si but I ended up lining up against this mustang. I knew I was gonna get wrecked since I walked by his car earlier and the interior seem to be stripped and he had racing tires on the back also. I def thought it was gonna be like a 12 second car. I think I got a decent launch and I was waiting for him to pass me but he just kept in my blind spot the whole way and I stayed in front. When we got back he didn’t seem too happy. I guess he never would’ve thought a vw to beat his American Muscle car.

My car is stock 2017 dsg
Unknown mods on the mustang

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
Can you move the thread to the proper section? Or does a mod have to do that?

N2fastcars

Ready to race!
You just never know whether it’s a 14 second Fox or a 10 second one, until you see it run.

danall

Passed Driver's Ed
yes, its about having fun, its about admiring a car for more than just basic transportation. Some folks get it....some don't.

When i first got my GTI i took it to the local drag strip for the hell of it. I'm 69 years young and had not ran a 1/4 mile strip since i was 19.

Anyway it was an experience and fun with the GTI, launching that manual without wheel hop took some finese. So my first run, I line up next one of those newer MOPAR (Challenger I think) with a neat custom paint job and big HEMI spelled out on the hood....I go...oh..oh.

First the starter worker barks a me to roll up my window as I'm staging....gee...it was hot out....didn't know that it needed to be up. Then being a bit flustered because of that I stage and lite up the one yellow...and sit there...and sit there...finally it hits me...oh ya gotta stage the second yellow as well...DUH!!

Finally get that right....really flustered now....I hit it just as the yellow changes and pulls a little hole shot on the HEMI and totally spank this guy...expected him to blow by but nope.
Later i saw him and asked him is that a real HEMI under there...he says yes...I go "huuummm" and walk away....couldn't resist the subtle dig...not nice i know.

wantone

Ready to race!
You just never know whether it’s a 14 second Fox or a 10 second one, until you see it run.

Haha yes I once owned a 1991 LX 5.0 w/an Incon TT kit. Talk about a sleeper!! Quiet as a mouse with those turbos. But damn that kit was expensive!!

I just got walked the other day by a 2018 Ecoboost mustang. Several runs on the highway late at night. He pulled me every time at every speed. His car only had 1600 miles so seemed stock. Which is what he claimed. I'd hate to run a new 5.0. Would be ugly.

Juggar

Ready to race!
Haha yes I once owned a 1991 LX 5.0 w/an Incon TT kit. Talk about a sleeper!! Quiet as a mouse with those turbos. But damn that kit was expensive!!

I just got walked the other day by a 2018 Ecoboost mustang. Several runs on the highway late at night. He pulled me every time at every speed. His car only had 1600 miles so seemed stock. Which is what he claimed. I'd hate to run a new 5.0. Would be ugly.

I think a golf R would be walked by a 5.0. The HP difference is just too much.

Same deal with the GTI v ecoboost, stock v stock the HP difference is too much.

I had a 2013 V6 with 3.73 gears. It had 305 HP and I absolutely think would have given a stock GTI a hard time from a roll. Also had CAI + 93 octane tune. You'd floor it and know it had every bit of that 305 HP. Beat Previous 2005-2010 4.6 V8's multiple times too.

N2fastcars

Ready to race!
My buddy had a 84 Fox he bought with a broken motor. He went to pick and pull and bought a 302 on one of the days that anything you could fit in the Wheel barrow was 100.00. He put new gaskets on it and a F cam. It had a Holley 750 carb, way too big! It sounded amazing but was super slow! Really cool car, everyone wanted to race him but he never would.