GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Switch off SatNav without switching radio off

skinjob

I am still getting used to my MK7 Golf TDI but if I am using the SatNav and the radio at the same time, and during the journey I reach a point where I know where I am and no longer need to use the SatNav, is there a way to turn it off but keep the radio on.
If I turn the whole thing off and on again the SatNav is still running.
Is there a way to cancel the journey while on it, so to speak?

cb1111

Hi, my name is Adam :)

Telling you how to cancel a route is in your owner's manual. You really need to read that.

Since we don't know exactly which radio you have we can't give you specific instructions.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
I am still getting used to my MK7 Golf TDI but if I am using the SatNav and the radio at the same time, and during the journey I reach a point where I know where I am and no longer need to use the SatNav, is there a way to turn it off but keep the radio on.
If I turn the whole thing off and on again the SatNav is still running.
Is there a way to cancel the journey while on it, so to speak?

RTFM.

With the Navigation submenu displayed on your MFD, press OK on the wheel and then end the route.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
To clarify, because my first explanation was dogshit.

Using the steering wheel controls, switch to the Navigation screen with the silver screen switch buttons on the right hand side. Press the up/down arrow button until the option to end the route is displayed. Hit OK.

Done.

adam1991

Banned
Or touch the leftmost (?) icon on the bottom of the infotainment screen, and choose Cancel Route or whatever.

Or you could, you know, read the book by the guy named Manual.

Next up, over in the lounge: ice making class, tonight at 8pm.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I hope you've learned your lesson here OP.

Everyone here is extremely busy, how dare you waste precious forum time when you could have just read the manual or experimented for a couple minutes. You are obviously a bad person.

skinjob

Apologies for getting the wrong end of the stick.
I am used to forums full of rather jolly nice chaps who are only too keen to help out a newbie, who assumed that more experienced fellows would know the answer and be only too keen to impart their impressive knowledge, rather than expect me to get off my arse and trawl through the manual.
Forgive my impertinence.
I am so ashamed.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
I am so ashamed.

:D Don't worry, most probably had to go and read the manual to give you the answer.

You can leave the visual guidance on but have the radio on with no vocal guidance. Just turn the volume down when the SatNav announcement is talking and it will only turn that down and not the radio volume. Works the other way as well.

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
I am used to forums full of rather jolly nice chaps who are only too keen to help out a newbie, who assumed that more experienced fellows would know the answer and be only too keen to impart their impressive knowledge, rather than expect me to get off my arse and trawl through the manual.
Forgive my impertinence.
I am so ashamed.

Don't take offence mate, there's lots of silly questions that can be answered by having a quick look at the manual, or even just playing around with the car.

I recommend spending a little time trying different buttons out and seeing what does what, because a lot of it is quite intuitive.

GTI-Jay

Ready to race!
Forgive my impertinence.
I am so ashamed.

Don't worry about it. There are a couple of devoid of any personality and humor fellas here. Their names and smart ass comments will become all very familiar to you should you decide to stick around here. All they ever say is read the manual. Who reads a fucking manual these days??? That's what a forum is for !!

adam1991

Banned
Don't worry about it. There are a couple of devoid of any personality and humor fellas here. Their names and smart ass comments will become all very familiar to you should you decide to stick around here. All they ever say is read the manual. Who reads a fucking manual these days??? That's what a forum is for !!

...says the guy spewing a smart-ass comment.