GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What Did You Drive Before You Drove A MKVII Golf, GTI or R?

IllinoisGTIGuy

85' Suburban
95' Monte Carol
06' Accord V6
17' GTI S

Hoping they bring the Up! GTI to America just so I can continue the trend of downsizing. After that I guess Smart?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

shuxleyct

I had a Speed6 also. Wish I kept it. Platinum Silver I think they called the color.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine is Velocity Red.
The current list includes a GMC crew cab and a ‘99 Miata. I have trouble letting go!

AGEE4

Ready to race!
MKVI 2 door united gray GTI 6SMT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
First drove an automatic mk5 Jetta, nothing but problems and poor fuel economy. I did put that car through a lot though. Sold that, got a 3rd Gen manual Miata. Amazingly fun car, I did lots of modding and learned a lot about sound insulation and rebuilding the interior of a car. Eventually the manual was becoming a nuisance for city driving (although it was fun as hell everywhere else), but the car also was horrible on the freeway. Not very stable, loud, and 5th gear was too short. All of this in conjunction with only seating 2, I decided it was enough and sold it. I spent 2 months looking for the perfect car. I looked at every brand and model and kept coming back to VW, however I was stuck between the TDI and GTI. On the one hand, the TDI gets amazing MPG and was quite a bit cheaper. However on the other hand, the GTI has everything in it that defines a perfect car to me. Fuel economy while still being plenty of fun? GTI. Amazing quality and equipment for the price? GTI again. Looks fucking sexy? GTI, but that one is an opinion :)

All in all, I went with the GTI and am very glad I did. It takes everything I wanted in a car and mashes them into one amazing vehicle. I can even fit my kayak in it :)

hooville

Go Kart Newbie
1966 Ford Mustang
1976 Mercury Capri II
1976 Toyota Corona Wagon
1978 Honda Hawk 400
1974 Saab 99
1978 Subaru DL Coupe
1984 Toyota Celica GT
1985 Honda V30 Magna
1989 Honda Accord si Hatchback
1981 Toyota HiLux Longbed
1987 Civic Wagovan
1978 Datsun 280Z – X4
1972 Datsun 240Z
1988 Toyota Camry
1995 Acura Integra
1991 Civic Wagon AT
2003 Jetta GL TDI Wagon
2008 Honda Civic LX
2000 Golf GLS TDI
2016 Golf GTI S
2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI

All manuals except for the '91 Wagon. Married into the Camry so everything since the Toyota pickup has been a shared ride and it has been a good one (She let me track her Camry at Road Atlanta when we were dating after my 280Z blew the RMS!) The GTI is a daily so I'm resisting the performance mod bug for now...

AAK1992

Passed Driver's Ed
Mine is Velocity Red.
The current list includes a GMC crew cab and a ‘99 Miata. I have trouble letting go!

How do you like the Speed6? I originally wanted one instead of the GTI, but after looking high and low for one I couldn't come up with anything with less than like 150K miles on it with iffy maintenance/owners.

Seems like any clean ones are scooped up or held onto, and the few for sale are beat to shit...