GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I hate people so much

veedubfreak

Go Kart Champion

Getting real fucking sick of people damaging my car.

This is what I was greeted with when I got out of work tonight.

So far, in 3 years and 16k miles my car has been sideswiped, tboned, hailed on, and now some jackass did this. So now I'll have to replace my bumper clear bra.

Not 100% sure if it was the baseball sized piece of asphalt that fell off yet another truck out here on my way in to work or if someone hit me in the parking lot. I thought the giant piece of asphalt missed me, but welp.

I just can't have nice things

veedubfreak

Go Kart Champion
They do, but I'm fairly certain there's nothing I can do. I'm just gonna chalk it up to that giant chunk of road from this morning and eat another 100 dollar comprehensive claim. Can have the bumper fixed while its in for the hail damage. At this rate, this car is gonna be murdered before it ever hits 50k.

RudyH

Go Kart Champion
I hear ya...the biggest piss off was while driving on the highway and an idiot in a pick-up truck went into the shoulder and threw stones up at my car.
Had two that hit my windshield and it spidered before the next exit. Thankfully I had the clear bra and not a single scratch on the body, but needed to replace the windshield.

Some days you wish you were allowed to retaliate...

CDavis7M

Passed Driver's Ed
People suck. One nice thing about having a beater-car for a daily driver is having no worries about parking lot damage. Funny how we get so protective of our cars, but if we left any other piece of expensive property just sitting out in public for hours or days, we would completely expect it to be stolen or damaged.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Sorry to see this and while the Golf-R can be a nice dd, I keep mine at home during the week days. I too have been hit multiple times by pretty much all scenarios except a plane crashing on it or something crazy. I wish you a speedy recovery.

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
One reason why I would never have a really expensive car, unless I could treat, say, a $100,000 vehicle like I would a Corolla. Too much angst.

den den

I have had the same issue! I’ve a new vehicle, only few months and I already got three injuries from unaware parking drivers. Any ideas for getting them a lesson?

Driving etik lesson at school! Or??

Tapatalk

Last edited:

djibouti99

They're doing road work on both sides of the highway on my way to/from work. They ripped up multiple sections of the highway and are repaving in sections. Just had my front bumper repainted a couple of months ago and a huge rock hit it and it caused 4 chips...from 1 rock. I had bought Dr. ColorChip right before and it turned out OK. Just have to apply a few more applications to even it out. But come on, they've been doing this road work for over a month now.

veedubfreak

Go Kart Champion
This is why I carry a 250 collision and 100 comp deductible. They've been repaving i-25 for the last 3 months or so. My bumper and hood are ok, but I've managed to take 2 hits that broke through the bra down to the primer on the hood and a few good hits to the windshield. The amount of morons that can't stay between the lines and throw crap from the shoulder is astounding. Combine that with the dozens of trucks hauling rocks/asphalt to and from the job sites and the road is just littered with rocks.

I wish I had room to have a spare beater, but unfortunately my 2nd garage stall is filled with a completely disassembled 58 bug.

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
My feelings exactly, which is why I don't drive a Mercedes CLA450 AMG.

Well, that and the fact that it's loud as hell and built with all the quality of a bad knock-off Lego kit, yeah. From what I hear at least. The CLAs don't have a good rep, but the performance on that thing is wild.

I could I think stomach parking a $60k car at work. I'm not sure anything over that would be workable in terms of anxiety. Luckily, I can't afford anything over that anyhow. Hell, the R is the most expensive car I've ever owned, and it was under forty new.