GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ambient lightning not working!?

aguita

Hello Guys,

i have a 16 GTI that i noticed that my door sill lights are not working.. the one on the door panel does but not neither the pass or driver side.. I tried adjusting the brightness and even switching off and nothing..

I have a Launch scanner, that i can do coding and im getting a error code from both front doors..

B132601 Door warning light fault, i can erase the code but will appear immediately.

Any ideas or module that i should check?!

thanks

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Hello Guys,

i have a 16 GTI that i noticed that my door sill lights are not working.. the one on the door panel does but not neither the pass or driver side.. I tried adjusting the brightness and even switching off and nothing..

I have a Launch scanner, that i can do coding and im getting a error code from both front doors..

B132601 Door warning light fault, i can erase the code but will appear immediately.

thanks

Since both aren't working, and you have a hard fault, it is likely an electrical issue. I don't know what Fuse would be in charge of those lights, but it's possible it could have blown. Just taking a stab in the dark as I have not encountered your issue before. It could be an issue with the bulbs or leds, but for both to go out at the same time is not very likely.

aguita

Since both aren't working, and you have a hard fault, it is likely an electrical issue. I don't know what Fuse would be in charge of those lights, but it's possible it could have blown. Just taking a stab in the dark as I have not encountered your issue before. It could be an issue with the bulbs or leds, but for both to go out at the same time is not very likely.

I checked all the fuses and they are good, any other suggestions?

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
Warranty

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
no warranty on car, any other suggestions?

Take it to a shop for diag, and once they let you know what's wrong, you might be able to fix it yourself for cheaper. I wish I could help you more, this year I'm taking a few classes on the MK7 and will know more, but electrical diag is always a fickle bitch.

GTI_Guy13

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello Guys,

thanks

Did you ever find a solution to your problem? The rear ambient door lights on my R have stopped working. Both front ambient door lights and door sill lights still work.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Dealer.

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
Did you ever find a solution to your problem? The rear ambient door lights on my R have stopped working. Both front ambient door lights and door sill lights still work.

The rear doors do not have ambient lighting (GTI or R).

GTI_Guy13

Passed Driver's Ed
Unless I'm going crazy, very possible, I'm 99% sure that my rear doors used to light up with the blue ambient lighting. Can anyone confirm the R does have ambient lighting on the rear doors?

GTI_Guy13

Passed Driver's Ed
Isnt there an option in headunit to turn these things off? I vaguely remember an option.

Yes, there is an option in the headunit. I turned them off and then back on and also adjusted the brightness level to see if that changed anything, but it didn't. I also turned my headlights off then to auto and then to on, but that didn't have any affect on them either.

aguita

dealer said both front door sill lights where burnt, had to buy whole plastic sill and its working again