GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is there a market for the MK7 stock wheels?

Strega511

Passed Driver's Ed
Want to upgrade my wheels. Trying to decide if I should sell the stock wheels with tires or not. Tires are not bad. Could get another season on them with my new wheels.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Want to upgrade my wheels. Trying to decide if I should sell the stock wheels with tires or not. Tires are not bad. Could get another season on them with my new wheels.

You can sell here.
In a set or one at a time.
Someone will bend a wheel and look for one to buy.
Just depends on shipping cost.
Or you could find a local person on forum.

RubiksQu

Ready to race!
Post it up and someone will eventually buy it. Sold mine with tires to a guy in Connecticut for $750. Currently selling a set of Pretoria wheels, let me know if you are interested.

Sent from my NS-P08A7100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
They don’t bring much money, $750 is by far the most I’ve ever seen.

Usually going rate is $400 per set or $150 a wheel if you sell them individually

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
I sold my stock 18" wheels for approx. $1000US ($1300CDN) locally on Craigslist. Granted the tires only had like 500 miles on them but I was pretty happy with the money I got for them.

McCabe89

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Evo X & Golf R
Same story here... I sold mine locally with tires for 1300 CAD. But they were brand new (12km on them). There is deff a market.

Thats a decent price with newish tires. I see people on kijiji here in Toronto asking for $1900-2000 for basically the same thing. I always tell them they are asking way to much for that set up. They always give me shit but I just can't let someone get scammed paying that much for stock wheels.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Thats a decent price with newish tires. I see people on kijiji here in Toronto asking for $1900-2000 for basically the same thing. I always tell them they are asking way to much for that set up. They always give me shit but I just can't let someone get scammed paying that much for stock wheels.

Replacement Austin whesls are $300 each from ECS Tuning.
So, you comment is a good one on over price.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I traded my 2.5 year old (30k KMs) Austins, which were in excellent condition, to another local MK7 owner. He had a set of BNIB VW Goal wheels that he listed for $700 CAD. Since I was hoping to get $150 - $200 per wheel for my Austins, it was a no brainer trade.