GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

To all DSG owners ...

moksiu1977

So I went with Unitronic Stage 1 for ECU and TCU and let me tell you ... ?
ECU tune is great but I cannot get over the improvement of DSG. Before tune I could not stand S mode and D was just too eco oriented hence I found myself using manual shifters quite often. Since the upgrade, S is my favorite mode!!! It reads my mind (does it? ?). On top of it, shifts feel much faster and smoother. I say if you cannot aford both go with TCU tune first. Additional power is great but upgraded TCU will make much better use of the factory horses and will take driving experience to the next level. I promise ?

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Yeah most people say that a DSG tune completely changes things. For the rest of us who don't want to void the warranty, we just use manual mode.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Before tune I could not stand S mode and D was just too eco oriented hence I found myself using manual shifters quite often.

This is how i drove most of the time and therefore didn need a TCU tune which would void the warranty.

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Agreed, for drive-ability the DSG tune is so good. ECU tune back in January of 2015 two months after car purchase and DSG tune the first day Eurodyne released. Just turned 45,000 trouble free miles. The warranty risk was significantly greater back in 2015 before engines were becoming available in salvage yards.

DP03

Ready to race!
Had the APR DSG tune done and couldn't agree more. Completely different car.

Bubba1

Any links to Uk tuners doing dsg tunes? Debating if to do dsg or Ecu first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McCabe89

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Evo X & Golf R
Can’t tell if you are serious or not ...

Dead serious. The majority of GTI owners use them as daily drivers. If I am going to void a warranty and destroy my gas mileage when gas prices are on the rise it would be nice to know.

Don't give me the 'its not about miles per gallon. its smiles per gallon' nonsense either.

Pikkagtr

Ready to race!
What is S and D mode
My DSG is used as Manual shifting 100% of the time
A dsg tune will just burn a few hundred bucks

jcarl126

Ready to race!
Dead serious. The majority of GTI owners use them as daily drivers. If I am going to void a warranty and destroy my gas mileage when gas prices are on the rise it would be nice to know.

Don't give me the 'its not about miles per gallon. its smiles per gallon' nonsense either.

Mine actually went up a tad around town, but also could be my car breaking in still as I’m at 6400miles and had the tune done at 5k. Otherwise it truly won’t affect your fuel mileage unless you can’t control your own appendages

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I think D is fine for normal driving in congestion, I like how it downshifts often to provide engine braking. I only use S mode momentarily when I need the car to shift into 1st at an intersection quickly from a roll, or going up a hill from a stop to prevent early shift ups.

Otherwise I'm almost always in manual mode when I'm zipping through traffic. I'm an MT driver so auto is great for full auto mode.

DP03

Ready to race!
But the real question is, how is your gas mileage now?

My gas mileage went up after doing S2 and DSG tune. I can't say whether any of that has to do with the DSG or not. I am averaging 34 mpg on my commute (per the cars computer, not actually calculated).