GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
It looks like you're trying to keep your boost too constant. Try dropping your target at 6k rpm to around 12ish, and you might be able to bump your target at 4k rpm up a bit.

DjVoic3

Passed Driver's Ed
Is anyone else getting an issue with inputing user values? Everytime i put 11 for 1500rpm it changes it to 10.9 and adds a .1 to other values.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
it also dislikes 2.5

Steenbeek

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes still run it. Thought it works fine.

Yesterday I got a cel while pulling 4th till the end. No clue why. Jb4 doesn't have a code. Maybe hook up vdsc again...

Gesendet von meinem ZUK Z2121 mit Tapatalk
It was a cel because of low rail pressure. JB4 showed no code.
Normally it says 3ad2 but not now.
Never had that before.

Gesendet von meinem ZUK Z2121 mit Tapatalk

Last edited:

Slick99

Ready to race!
Can we run another maps as George has mentioned on Gti threads and here's what George said:

Guys there are a few maps on the JB4 that we have kept silent up till now. Worth it for guys with aggressive settings to test them out first and put up some logs.

Map 3 is a map 2+ map with absolute values. Typically will boost 24psi with a taper to around 20.

Map 5 is a aggressive map to be used with E85 mix or race fuel on full bolt on cars.

Map 8 is the methanol map. The boost additive value is what gets added across the rpm range where 10=1psi, 40 is the starting recommended point for this and the boost will be added in proportion of meth flow. i.e no flow no boost add.

These maps are on all firmware later than 60/1/5

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion
Can we run another maps as George has mentioned on Gti threads and here's what George said:

Guys there are a few maps on the JB4 that we have kept silent up till now. Worth it for guys with aggressive settings to test them out first and put up some logs.

Map 3 is a map 2+ map with absolute values. Typically will boost 24psi with a taper to around 20.

Map 5 is a aggressive map to be used with E85 mix or race fuel on full bolt on cars.

Map 8 is the methanol map. The boost additive value is what gets added across the rpm range where 10=1psi, 40 is the starting recommended point for this and the boost will be added in proportion of meth flow. i.e no flow no boost add.

With IS20, DP, and good fuel, I would say "yes" for maps 3 and 5. Without these things, then "no". In the extreme heat, an IC as well would be recommended. Obviously, you'd want to monitor closely by doing some logging on a couple 3rd gear pulls to see how things are going. I'm happy tweaking on map 6, but I may try map 3 with my E85 mix and see how it does.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie

These are far to aggressive for the IS12 targeting 20psi and up so those maps are IS20 and up.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Ooh, that sounds interesting. I'll probably email you, George, for some custom tuning with e85 and a downpipe because I want to try to set the NA fwd 1.8t record soon, but maybe I'll try a run on map 5. What are the settings for map 5 just so I know I'm not doing something stupid?

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
Ooh, that sounds interesting. I'll probably email you, George, for some custom tuning with e85 and a downpipe because I want to try to set the NA fwd 1.8t record soon, but maybe I'll try a run on map 5. What are the settings for map 5 just so I know I'm not doing something stupid?

With the stack I wouldn't run map 5 which is absolute. It mostly request 24-25 across most the rpm range.

We like setting records so email away.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
I think we have managed to find the weakness of the 1.8T. With IS38 APR stack and very good logging the car has been getting the beat down for the past 6 months. Eventually on a clean pull it seems the ring land on the one cylinder has broken. I reckon the breakage is due to sustained power and provisionally the piston doesn't look like it has any hot spots or anything. What is also interesting to note is the tuning on it was wrapped up pretty quickly with good fuels so we never really ran into timing adaption issues or knock that could have weakened the system. I reckon output based on performance was in the 370-380whp region.

Engine is going to get built so if anyone has found stronger internals for them post away.

Log attached of when it let go.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Any word on whether the 2.0 built internals will work?