GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Neuspeed power module +7??

adrox88

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone here run their neuspeed power module on the +7 PSI setting daily? I've read a few opposing view points on this and not sure what to believe. Where I live I run 93 octane 100% of the time. I just got the module this last week and am getting used to the added performance. I have it set to +5 and its quite a difference, but I know I'm going to want more in the future. What are your guys thoughts? My only other performance mod is an Injen short ram intake.

Also, before anyone on here starts with "why didn't you get an APR tune?" or "the neuspeed power module is inferior to ...." I don't care. I got it used for $200, I will probably end up selling the car in the next 1-2 years, and like that I can remove it for dealer visits.

jtucker

Passed Driver's Ed
I also got one of these used for $200. I use 93 octane fuel exclusively. I have never changed the switch from the premium position. Like you, it seems to work well for me.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
vp octanium says its not good for converters or o2s. i use torco

I have run it with converters no problem. Torco and Octanium are pretty much the same high MMT formulas. My MK7 is catless btw...

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
What are you guys using to log when you switch to +7? How are it affecting your timing and how do you know the octane booster is working. I would think in cooler air you're probably safe, but I wouldn't chance it in the heat without logging it. Also, blending some e85 would probably be the best bet

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
What are you guys using to log when you switch to +7? How are it affecting your timing and how do you know the octane booster is working. I would think in cooler air you're probably safe, but I wouldn't chance it in the heat without logging it. Also, blending some e85 would probably be the best bet

Blue-driver, Carista, Vagcom, Aeroforce etc. there a a few other ways to log beyond jb products. Plenty of logging/experience with Octanium myself. How is the 1.8 Sportswagen running on +8? ;).

Last edited:

adrox88

Passed Driver's Ed
For those of you who have tried switching between +5 and +7, does it take the 25-30 miles to calibrate, or is the difference immediate? This weekend I'm going to throw a few gallons of E85 in and switch it to +7.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
For those of you who have tried switching between +5 and +7, does it take the 25-30 miles to calibrate, or is the difference immediate? This weekend I'm going to throw a few gallons of E85 in and switch it to +7.

It states it is for 100 octane btw. I would think 3 to 3.5 gallons of E85 on top of 93 would work. As people preach around here doing logs will show you if your getting timing pull. It takes about 20 miles or so each time you flip the switch. It is not instantaneous. FYI.

BTW, this mainly a Burger jb1/4 forum. There has/is not a lot of positive support on the Neuspeed product. I'm pretty much the only outspoken one around here. Lol. Good luck. Free free to PM me if this thread turns into yet "another" Schit storm.

Last edited:

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Blue-driver, Carista, Vagcom, Aeroforce etc. there a a few other ways to log beyond jb products. Plenty of logging/experience with Octanium myself. How is the 1.8 Sportswagen running on +8? ;).

Hey, I never mentioned any JB product. Lol. I was just looking out for the safety of some guys. Make sure they are aware of what's going on when they push it above the recommended setting. I know you got it covered. The GSW is running mint. I just added a catless downpipe and did a couple of logs. I'm hitting the same peak on just 93 that I was previously hitting on e85. I'm also carrying +1.5 psi at 6,000 rpms on straight 93 vs blending e85 on the stock downpipe. Time to turn it up a little more. I have it on absolute setting of 18.5 psi for the cool weather. Based on that it's +8.5 psi at peak and keeps it close to that all the way to 6,500 rpms. I'm guessing I can maybe get another 1.5-2 psi on the e85

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Hey, I never mentioned any JB product. Lol. I was just looking out for the safety of some guys. Make sure they are aware of what's going on when they push it above the recommended setting. I know you got it covered. The GSW is running mint. I just added a catless downpipe and did a couple of logs. I'm hitting the same peak on just 93 that I was previously hitting on e85. I'm also carrying +1.5 psi at 6,000 rpms on straight 93 vs blending e85 on the stock downpipe. Time to turn it up a little more. I have it on absolute setting of 18.5 psi for the cool weather. Based on that it's +8.5 psi at peak and keeps it close to that all the way to 6,500 rpms. I'm guessing I can maybe get another 1.5-2 psi on the e85

Sweet! How do you like the new kittyless dp? Did you feel any performance increase?

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
Sweet! How do you like the new kittyless dp? Did you feel any performance increase?

I only got a short drive to work with it. It definitely feels stronger. I was able to run my e85 map with 93. Usually I have to dial it back 2 psi across the board. Hopefully I will be able to get some e85 tonight to see how it does.
I also need to get a different reducer for where it connects to the stock cat back. The golf is a little smaller diameter than the gti. I bought a reducer, but it was the wrong size. The exhaust pipe is metric. I thought it was 2-1/4, but it's about 2-1/4 id. I made it work, but it has a small leak. Once I get the right reducer it will be perfect. Not bad for a $90 eBay

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
I only got a short drive to work with it. It definitely feels stronger. I was able to run my e85 map with 93. Usually I have to dial it back 2 psi across the board. Hopefully I will be able to get some e85 tonight to see how it does.
I also need to get a different reducer for where it connects to the stock cat back. The golf is a little smaller diameter than the gti. I bought a reducer, but it was the wrong size. The exhaust pipe is metric. I thought it was 2-1/4, but it's about 2-1/4 id. I made it work, but it has a small leak. Once I get the right reducer it will be perfect. Not bad for a $90 eBay

Absolutely, eBay hard to beat. It took me a few licks at getting my stuff sealed, but in the end well worth it. Wife gets tired of all my smelly cars. I always forget that Damn recirculation button. Lol.