GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Neuspeed Power Module - Issues with Aftermarket DV???

ndepasquale0

Hi all,

I'm new to the VW family; I purchased a 2016 VW GTI (manual, sport package) back in January and love it! With that said, I've been slowly making it my own with a few modifications (Neuspeed P-Flo Intake, Neuspeed Power Module, GFB Diverter Valve, Carbon Fiber Mirror caps)

I was considering, at some point, upgrading to a stage 1 tune. Doing some research, I revisited the Neuspeed Power Module to take a look at the specs (HP, TQ) to determine what I could expect in terms of increased performance if I did a tune. In doing so, I noticed that there was a note in the product description for the Power module that stated not to be used with Aftermarket DV. I didn't realize this at the time because I first installed the intake, then Power Module, then the DV so it was months later and didn't realize there may be potential issues. I contacted the Neuspeed team and they responded with the following:

"The aftermarket valves are an inferior design of a brass piston in aluminium housing. The stock plunger seal works far better. The valves even tend to be weaker than the stock units causing boost loss and fluctuations in the power band. In the past the stock VW valves weren't that great but the current ones are far better. With the Power Module the valves tend to no be able to handle the add boost and will Flutter or even throw a fault because it can't hold the boost to the desired value.

Regards
Neuspeed Team"

I thought the aftermarket DVs were supposed to be able to handle additional boost and were better quality? Is anyone aware of any significant risk of running the power module with the aftermarket DV?

Thanks!

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
From what I've read about the DVs the stock ones can hold ~550hp. The aftermarket DVs can run into issues... I'm pretty sure that this topic has been covered at length in this sub forum many times.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
There was a lot of discussion about how they were unnecessary and even detrimental

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
idk why people have been bent outta shape about DV+ i ran mine no problem as long as you lubricated the piston...mine ran fine for 8k miles before i swapped it for a BOV

ExcelerateRep1

Go Kart Champion
There was a lot of discussion about how they were unnecessary and even detrimental

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have seen it more times than not unfortunately. Pulled out a DV+ and it was seized open. :( Great idea, but no sense in reinventing the wheel. We use stock units in stage 3+ applications with no issues.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
We have seen it more times than not unfortunately. Pulled out a DV+ and it was seized open. :( Great idea, but no sense in reinventing the wheel. We use stock units in stage 3+ applications with no issues.

X 10. Thank you. Forums 50% disinformation as a whole. Makes some vendors lots of $$ though.

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
To chime in with others, all the tuners recommend the stock dv at all power levels. It is part of the ECU boost management, and mucking around with it can only result in performance loss, not gain. (Like many things on this car. Leave it alone!)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk