GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hello everyone I need your help VW SS ACC error

wells332

Hello everyone, these lot are throwing me about like im a frisbee. So I have decided to demand a refund. Sent a letter via email and post, if they dont play ball i will take them to court. I will let you know how it all unfolds
My complete list of issues
-start stop system not working
-acc not working
-clutch making noise when pressing down
-down button on steering wheel sometimes doesn't work
- tire warning light come on 5 times in last 3 weeks, both rear tires have lost 14psi on average whenever i have checked them
Got car on 9th November 2016, car done 31k. These issues should not be happening

Will let you all know how it unfolds but sadly after this im not sure if il ever be able to own a VW Golf again, shame really as i had been waiting years to buy a Golf. Thanks everyone for helping

fatnslow1

Passed Driver's Ed
Sorry to hear that you're,
A. Having so much trouble with the car and
B. Having to deal with a shite dealership.
If you do manage to get a refund, don't be detered by your bad experience. For every tale of woe ( and people are very quick to telll you) there are far more people who are extremely happy with their Golf. Might be an idea to go to JCT600 VW, if you do decide to get another Golf.
All the best of luck with BSM, as I know they're not the easiest company to deal with.

wells332

Sorry to hear that you're,
A. Having so much trouble with the car and
B. Having to deal with a shite dealership.
If you do manage to get a refund, don't be detered by your bad experience. For every tale of woe ( and people are very quick to telll you) there are far more people who are extremely happy with their Golf. Might be an idea to go to JCT600 VW, if you do decide to get another Golf.
All the best of luck with BSM, as I know they're not the easiest company to deal with.

Hello. Thank you for your reassuring words. I'm just frustrated. I hope I get to own this amazing car again in the future. Passed driving 5 years ago always wanted a Golf and this is what happens. Bad luck I guess. Got messed about for 10 days. Nothing happened. Wrote a letter. Put it on twitter, sent it them. Got 5 calls from 5 different people within half an hour.power of the internet mate.

Spoken to them today, is it worth fixing? They've already pushed me back twice. I've just been put off owning the car. I'm scared to drive it, with every turn I think it's guna go kaput and then I'll be in this mess again. I dont have the peace of mind driving it anymore, start stop ACC tire pressure clutch issues within 3 weeks. I've lost all trust in car and dealership

What's ur take on situation mate, worth getting repaired or fight for a refund?
I'm just drained of all energy don't even know what to think anymore.

wells332

https://www.bristolstreet.co.uk/find-a-dealer/volkswagen-mansfield/

Yep!!

So to recap car is over 3yrs old with 30,000miles on clock & you have had it for 2weeks?

So under the UK law (court based) you have to notify the dealer you purchased the car from & in writing & give them about three goes at fixing the fault before you can demand full refund.

I know people will say only one or two & many people have done it, but that is the dealer/seller using their discretion! If the dealer/seller digs heels in then three goes is the normal amount if you end up taking them to court (been there done that which is why I know)

Wrote a letter mate and posted it on my twitter, they stopped messing about. Waited 4 days for a call from service manager, he called within 5 mins of the email and asked if I could take letter off social media. If they can't give refund il be taking them to court. Need to read up and get in touch with my lawyer friend

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
Id leave the tweet on until they make some effort to sort your car. Remember, be reasonable you've got more chance of getting a good result.

fatnslow1

Passed Driver's Ed
I'd be inclined to leave it on twitter, too.
You've obviously got their attention, so now the ball's in their court. Don't forget that the manager has a boss too, and sh#¥ always rolls downhill!
Ask them if they'll get it sorted by VW techs and lend you a car until it's repaired...with a warranty.

wells332

I'd be inclined to leave it on twitter, too.
You've obviously got their attention, so now the ball's in their court. Don't forget that the manager has a boss too, and sh#¥ always rolls downhill!
Ask them if they'll get it sorted by VW techs and lend you a car until it's repaired...with a warranty.

I have a warranty from them. That's annoying thing. It cost 600 quid. And when I got there they told me to go to Mansfield 60 miles away. But I've already got these issues after 2 weeks. What if sommat happens in a few months and they say warranty doesn't cover it? Just not interested in being a customer of that company. Feel cheated. They ruined my week off work and it's an experience I can't forget. What shud I do mate. I got a big decision to make..

fatnslow1

Passed Driver's Ed
Wait and see what they've got to say about getting it sorted, first. If they don't come up with an acceptable solution, then seek advice from Trading Standards and go from there. I think 600 quid for a warranty that they don't want to reasonably honour, is something of a ripoff. Don't remove the tweet.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Wait and see what they've got to say about getting it sorted, first. If they don't come up with an acceptable solution, then seek advice from Trading Standards and go from there. I think 600 quid for a warranty that they don't want to reasonably honour, is something of a ripoff. Don't remove the tweet.

I would think THEY would send it by flatbed truck to another shop if they cannot fix it.

Pinocchio

Passed Driver's Ed
It's funny that they have given you the runaround, then sit up and take notice when it appears on social media. Leave the tweet up as you now have the upper hand.

wells332

It's funny that they have given you the runaround, then sit up and take notice when it appears on social media. Leave the tweet up as you now have the upper hand.

I had the upper hand. They acted quick. Were quick to offer me a courtesy car and pick up my car from home. Before it was go to Mansfield sort it urself

wells332

Hello everyone. Thank you for your messages and helping me through a tough time where I was messed about by all sorts of people.
Long story short I posted my letter on social media and sent it to them. They acted quickly and offered to fix the car and give me a courtesy car.
But by then the trust was lost. I simply wanted a refund. Handed the car back today. Area manager confirmed the refund. One day i WILL own another VW Golf. I enjoyed every second of my car up until the problems started and I look forward to that day again soon. The car is amazing. You guys are so lucky.
Thank you for all your help

fatnslow1

Passed Driver's Ed
Glad to hear that you got a result....of sorts.
Re. your question,
Do you feel let down?
Do you think that if you hadn't posted the tweet, that the outcome would've been different?
If the answer to both questions is yes, then I'd be inclined to leave things as they are. You've done nothing wrong and other potential customers of BSM may well think twice.