GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Issue Installing OEM Euro Golf R lights on US R

Thanks for the best wishes, VROD, have you seen anyone try to do it? Just wondering what people have come up against.

And trying to figure if this is a fools errand, if there's anything I can salvage.

Derf

Ready to race!
Have you run the "calibration" for the headlights yet? Without it, the car essentially doesn't know where the headlights are pointing.
I successfully did this with an OBD11 but you can also do it with a RossTech cable and VCDS.

It will be under 52 [headlights]...
Here is the VCDS tutorial, and here is a youtube video of LIJetta showing how to do it

And here is the OBD11 tutorial

After doing that, make sure you disable DLA (high beam assist), unless you have the DAP package.

Chuck2001

Ready to race!
Hi there,

I'm following this since I was looking if DLA was codable for US / Canadian Golf R.

Were you able to get your DLA lights running on your US Golf R ? If yes, with which fonctions ?

Thanks, all the best,

vrod

Ready to race!
As far as I know it's not. Well maybe it is but you will need a new windshield as well, install the front facing multifunction camera and then code it all together. It might be possible but I have not seen anyone do it yet.

I don't know whether OceanLad got his to work but I believe the issue here is that the shutters are different. The AFS frame inside the headlight is completely identical to one I've seen in a passat 2008 headlight though, however I'm not sure if the DLA projector alters the firmware.

Expect a big budget for this and frankly speaking, the DLA projectors sucks bigtime. I analyzed this with a lumens-meter and the DLA shutter really kills a ton of low-beam output.

col-buddy-greenleaf

Ready to race!
Old thread revival-
For housing part numbers 5G1-941-033/4E and 5G1-941-043/4E.
Is there anyone out there that that has had success getting high beam functionality from euro DLA headlight housings on a U.S. Golf R or GTI?
I have a situation where DLAs were possibly sent to me in error, thanks.