GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Adaptive Cruise Control braking noise

Lokrion

Hi everyone, first post here :)

I'm hearing a faint but audible noise coming from the front of my Mk7, right after ACC brings the car to a full stop. It sounds like a conventional handbrake being pulled slowly or a wooden floor board creaking. It's probably the brake actuators clamping down to keep the car from sliding.

Music playing at normal levels masks this noise completely and I 95% of the time listen to music while driving. The first time I heard it was when, by chance, I turned off the infotainment while driving with ACC. So I'm not sure if this noise was always there from the start (and is normal) or something is wrong and it came on last week. :confused:

Any input would be highly appreciated

f1gpxxx

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello Lokrion
I have a GTD with ACC and the electronic handbrake (and auto hold). The creaking noise you have described sounds normal to me. Mine does the same when I come to a stop and activate the electronic handbrake manually. Are you sure the noise is at the front...my noise is at the rear where the handbrake actuators are?

Lokrion

I'm sure the noise comes from the front. I don't touch the handbrake or don't have auto-hold enabled. The sound is heard at the moment 'ACC ready for start' appears on the screen.