GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 GTI DTRL Question

Coletrain

Passed Driver's Ed
So I was watching a video on the MK7 Golf R and it looks like stock lighting package the Day Time Running Lights (DTRL) works on both lights on both sides where as the GTI it seems it only lights up the outer light, but it looks like it could like up both. Anyone know if there's a way to turn on the inner lights to work as well without buying an after market headlight.

Trying to turn this

Into This

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
+1. You have two choices.

1) Buy a Golf R headlight set, and transfer all the LP equipment to the new lights.
https://deutscheautoparts.com/make-...f-r-oem-euro-led-headlight-5g1-998-753-b.html

I don't know of anyone who has done this yet, as it's quite expensive. You will also need to replace the grill (as there is no red stripe in the R grill).

2) Replace the LP package with replicas, which will remove the turning assist system (no LP motors) and make the LP package pretty much worthless.

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
There does not appear to be any way coletrain. You also have to physically cut the lights to open them up, which is why no one has really tried .

If you just have halogens can just get the Ed or helix for 500ish. But they will not have any of the lp features.

MK7.5_Roa

Ready to race!
There does not appear to be any way coletrain. You also have to physically cut the lights to open them up, which is why no one has really tried .

If you just have halogens can just get the Ed or helix for 500ish. But they will not have any of the lp features.

Is there any difference between the Eds and Helix lights ? I feel like they're just different sellers getting products from the same manufacturers.