GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I am installing mine this weekend, came w the black updated pipes. Only small concern i had was the weight of that intercooler on those tiny brackets. You didn't see any weakness? Although JD did show me a pic of a crashed GTI, and the IC was still bolted to the core after the front end crash..

I was wondering about the 2 wind deflectors on the inside of the bumper. I already have them trimmed for the old Neuspeed FMIC I had. What kind of trimming do they need, or did you just remove them altogether?

Yeah I watched your vid last night!
Once the brackets are bolted on the core it’s solid also in reality the pipes also aid in supporting it in a front to back motion. Things sturdy, I have yet to pull the bumper back off to see how I can fit the deflectors, but by the looks of it they will need extensive amounts cut off of them to fit compared to the nuespeed you did (loved how you added the trim). It’s still on my plan to do though because I really don’t like how it looks seeing everything to the sides of it. Also I would suggest painting the brackets black before you do the install cause they stick out pretty bad when looking at it.

I’ll DM you some install convos I had while doing the install with Luis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
The Baun FMIC has steel boost pipes. Much better for high temp environments.

both are going to get hot... SS will take longer to reach a XX temp but AL with dissipate the heat faster, considering the locations of these pipe being in-front and the bottom of our engine bays, my view is that in our scenarios the
differences are negligible.

Honestly I don’t think one kit is better than the other... my decisions was strongly based on lead time really. The price difference is closer to 200 but I would have paid that if the wait wasn’t that long and I wasn’t so impatient but at the time OATs were 110 and I was dying dealing with them. Cause I appreciate all of jakes threads/posts/ideas and products.

Rocketdog

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Wheelcap Stickers finally came in.

Attachments

• Wheelcap_IMG_3826.jpg
    Wheelcap_IMG_3826.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 361

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Unitronic Stage 2 IS20 and Unitronic DP on the GSW.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Went el cheapo led low beam upgrade on the gti. Used Ebay adapters and off brand LEDs. Lights was 2nd hand for 5 bucks and adapters was 15, so not bad for non plug and play upgrade!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

kak

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 R 6MT
I really hope you are never in an oncoming lane facing me. The glare from those lights, good lord.

At least they’re low. Coming from a Tacoma, it kills me the amount of truck owners that do the same thing with reflectors I’m lifted vehicles.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I hate it when a guy with a lifted truck and an LED lightbar stops behind me at a stoplight at night.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I really hope you are never in an oncoming lane facing me. The glare from those lights, good lord.
I'm going to check the aiming and glare tonight after it gets dark. I'm hoping it keeps the same cutoff the halogen bulbs had.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Nice - getting ready to do IS20 on mine. What do you think so far?

Great!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk