GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ricky's '19 Great Falls Green Alltrack S

ricky_flowers_

Couple updates:

Installed my BEC Golf R headlights with the Morimoto HID kit. I'm so glad I went with the Morimoto kit, as the light output is ridiculous. My only issue is the occasional condensation in the housings... I may remove them and try to seal them up better.

Also sourced some OEM Alltrack Canyons, and installed them with new Michelin Pilot Sport AS3s in OEM sizes. The difference in ride quality is stark, with the Michelins soaking up road imperfections much better than the OEM Falkens. I'm a big believer in using only quality tires and couldn't stand the crappy tires that came on this car from the factory. The switch is like finally getting rid of a nagging back ache for me haha.

Here are some wash pr0n photos:

Having the car ceramic coated makes washing it a real joy. Nothing on the paint ever requires scrubbing to get off, and the way the water beads and glides off the car is satisfying on so many levels haha.

Here's the car parked up in front of my office in a row of crossover SUVs...

Every time I park somewhere and see the car in a sea of SUVs, I'm reminded of how much I love this car and how different it is to everything down here in South Florida. Since buying this, I've seen at most 5 other Alltracks on the road, and none in this color. Parked next to some CR-Vs, it blows my mind that both cars cost around the same... Volkswagen does this trick better than anyone else. Also, I am absolutely in love with how the car looks on the new wheels. It looks a ton more upscale, and combined with the headlights the car is absolutely transformed.

I think I'm done modifying the car for a while, apart from some coding I still need to do. I think next year I'm going to do coilovers and a tune. Everyone keeps telling me to switch to an IS20, but I'm honestly pretty happy with the car's performance now. I think a stage 1 tune would be more than enough for me.

I'm considering my options for coilovers, but I'm fairly certain I'm going to go with either KWs or STs (cheap KWs). I have the opportunity to take my buddy's take-off Golf R springs, but in order to do it right I would need to replace the shocks as well, and I think I'd rather just get a full coilover system instead. I've had KW Clubsports on my S2000 for a few years now and have loved them, and my friend has ST coilovers on his Audi wagon which have performed really well, so that is likely the path I take. My only concern is the only kit that ST makes for this car is for a 2015 Sportwagon TDI.... I can't imagine there's a huge difference between that car and a 2019 Alltrack, but I can't find anyone that's installed them on their car.

CS_PT

This is...beautiful! The overall look of the car is on point! Love the headlights and the wheels are perfect! Congratulations!

RRocket

Passed Driver's Ed
Beautiful. My wife has a GFG alltrack and we are up in the panhandle. No one else has this car.

One thing my wife wanted was that bit of silver in the lower grill wrapped black. We did that and swapped out the silver mirror caps for black and the front of the car looks mean. Will try to post a pic later

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Looks way better with the xenons & those alloys...mind you that's the set up you see in the ads over here..

Trollin86

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Alltrack SE DSG
I also have a GFG Alltrack that is my wifes daily. The headlights and the wheels look amazing! Mine is an SE, and I've been looking for a set of 18" Canyon wheels locally for going on a year now with no luck. Great find.

I also have a silver bumperdillo like yours that I've been meaning to put on the rear bumper.

They're great cars, I might buy a new GSW 4motion before they're all gone.

ricky_flowers_

This is...beautiful! The overall look of the car is on point! Love the headlights and the wheels are perfect! Congratulations!

Thanks for the kind words!

Beautiful. My wife has a GFG alltrack and we are up in the panhandle. No one else has this car.

One thing my wife wanted was that bit of silver in the lower grill wrapped black. We did that and swapped out the silver mirror caps for black and the front of the car looks mean. Will try to post a pic later

I love the silver accents, haha. I could never wrap them.

Trying taping a silica gel pack or two inside the headlight dust cap for the condensation.

Not a bad idea! I may just do that.

Looks way better with the xenons & those alloys...mind you that's the set up you see in the ads over here..

Yeah, that's part of why I wanted all that. The initial press photos of the Tornado Red '17 on these wheels with the lighting pack sold me.

I also have a GFG Alltrack that is my wifes daily. The headlights and the wheels look amazing! Mine is an SE, and I've been looking for a set of 18" Canyon wheels locally for going on a year now with no luck. Great find.

I also have a silver bumperdillo like yours that I've been meaning to put on the rear bumper.

They're great cars, I might buy a new GSW 4motion before they're all gone.

I got really lucky and found this set locally. Best bet would be to try the Alltrack Owners facebook page - that's how I found my set. There aren't too many alltrack posts on this forum, so you'd probably not have good luck here.

Ludey849

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7.5/SE
Awesome all track man. I’ve yet to see one here in Miami.
I just installed v2’s on my mk7.5. And by far the best ride I’ve felt.I’m happy I went with these for my daily. Highly recommend them.

Justgotohm

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE SP 6sp M
Dang that’s the best looking color combo I have seen yet, as a fan of wagons I applaud. Killer car, Bravo!!