GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
It used to be red to go with the red wheels I had, but that car is gone now, so I had to make it blue to match the R accents.

Maximum Bob

Passed Driver's Ed
(Links work now)

TCR style shift knob covers. I didn't get the kind with the sliver center section, I preferred the original look, but you can get either.

Without the silver center section:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33009232531.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27044c4dHjVfTb
With silver center section:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/330...7.0&pvid=db89daa0-751b-4e4c-9335-f7d9c6ae118c

I don't know if there's a difference in price between the two. They show a price range. Mine was $24 and change.

I posted installation instructions over on Vortex. I don't know whether it's been covered here. If you're interested, let me know and I'll post them in this thread.
Good quality, they're a good match for the originals.

Last edited:

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
I’m pretty sure you can do what you want without the switch. I’ve rarely used the switch to fold mine. Just let It do so on lock / unlock.

Did you buy a few spare door panel clips? You will likely break a few.
Got the mirrors installed but I'm sad to report they do not fold on lock/unlock without the switch. Unless I coded wrong? It's just the two adaptations per door, right?

Surprisingly I managed to not break any door clips, which is good considering I'll have to take them off again whenever I get the new switch in....

Good news the Black mirror caps look amazing on my reflex silver car!

Edit:. I'm an idiot...forgot to enable the fold in the MFD. Works now and it's awesome!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DAS_STIG

Banned
TCR style shift knob covers. I didn't get the kind with the sliver center section, I preferred the original look, but you can get either.

Without the silver center section:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3300...5bf14c4dOqq72l

With silver center section:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3304...chweb201603_52

I don't know if there's a difference in price between the two. They show a price range. Mine was $24 and change.

I posted installation instructions over on Vortex. I don't know whether it's been covered here. If you're interested, let me know and I'll post them in this thread.
Good quality, they're a good match for the originals.

Links dont work. I have been considering replacing mine since it's getting pretty beat after 5 years.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Got the mirrors installed but I'm sad to report they do not fold on lock/unlock without the switch. Unless I coded wrong? It's just the two adaptations per door, right?

Surprisingly I managed to not break any door clips, which is good considering I'll have to take them off again whenever I get the new switch in....

Good news the Black mirror caps look amazing on my reflex silver car!

Edit:. I'm an idiot...forgot to enable the fold in the MFD. Works now and it's awesome!

Haha. Glad u got it working!

Still going to bother with the switch?

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Haha. Glad u got it working!

Still going to bother with the switch?
I messaged the seller on AliExpress but the only response I got was incoherent... I'll try and get them to send one but probably won't even bother taking the door panel off again.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
That time again. Trying Ceratec.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

tigeo

Autocross Champion

Cesco_93

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 GTI S M/T
Installed a Unitronic Intercooler stock replacement. Took about 5 hours for install. Can't wait to get this thing tuned.