GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

dsg service.

simba

Passed Driver's Ed
just had a major service inc dsg oil and filter change, battery appears NOT to have been removed just wondered if I've been screwed. golf gtd dsg 2015. can you do a oil and filter change without removing the battery tray? .Thanks.

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI
Just wondering why you think the battery wasn't removed? Also i'm pretty sure you can get to the filter without removing the battery but it's a pain in the ass for a new person

slider09

Passed Driver's Ed
How can you tell the battery hasn’t been removed?

Yes, you can access the DSG filter without removing the battery, it’s just a little awkward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

simba

Passed Driver's Ed
dsg oil change.

I'm no sherlock, but the small amount of debris left on the battery tray, pigeon feathers/leaves still remained, the good news is under the tray these a obvious amount of oil spillage. So guys you where right and I was being a little OCD. Thanks for the replies .

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Anytime my battery has been disconnected some of the settings are changed in the MFD.

RRocket

Passed Driver's Ed
Just got DSG service the other day. Clock was reset. So that was my indication that the battery was disconnected/removed

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
Wish I would have known about this before I broke my battery tray taking off the intake

Any tips for removing the battery, battery tray and intake? I've watched a couple youtube videos and it seems easy enough, but i know with cars it's usually not easy the first time you do it.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Any tips for removing the battery, battery tray and intake? I've watched a couple youtube videos and it seems easy enough, but i know with cars it's usually not easy the first time you do it.
Intake attaches to three posts via grommets. Just pull on it, don't be afraid.

Disconnect negative battery terminal first.

Removing the tray is super straightforward. You'll be fine.