GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Broke stock rear endlink. Best replacement?

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
I believe the R's endlinks are beefier than the base Golf's. Does anyone know how the GTI's compare?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
I believe the R's endlinks are beefier than the base Golf's. Does anyone know how the GTI's compare?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

They are the same part tmk

Last edited:

Rob2k68

Neuspeed's endlinks, and those of the same ilk, are spherical and have a higher chance of being noisy. SuperPro's endlinks are not spherical, however they are roughly an inch longer...no clue why, but if you want aftermarket they'd get my vote.

If I was in your shoes I'd just get another OE endlink, and call it a day.

They are longer in order to accommodate the two positions of adjustment available on the Superpro ARB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None
I have have the Neuspeed endlinks on for 2.5 years. I have no noises whatsoever. The key is proper torque specs while the sway bar is under load. They have been used year round without issues. Would recommend spherical over poly or rubber any day.

B95zP

Ready to race!
I ended up ording both neuspeed and super pro. So we will see.

Had both as well. Bought Neuspeed on 12/23/2015, and SuperPro on 04/08/2016, Neuspeed have been sitting in their box in the garage for the past 2 years. Maybe I should post them for sale. lol

Terrafirma10

Passed Driver's Ed
here is the end link

Attachments

• IMG_2069.jpg
    IMG_2069.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_2070.jpg
    IMG_2070.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 266

mayhem_j30

Passed Driver's Ed
Interesting. Are the bolts on aftermarket larger? Probably a few reasons why it broke but one driver is the single shear application which is inherently weaker than the double shear design on the opposite end. If aftermarket uses the bolt ID and doesn't upgrade the shear strength then they will have the same issues.

Al_in_Philly

Autocross Newbie
All these parts work in conjunction with one another. If you stiffen one piece and not the others, the flex is transferred to the pieces that aren't stiffened. If you have a stiffer sway bar, keeping stock endlinks would just transfer more of the force and flex the endlinks more. Not only does this decrease the effect of the stiffened sway bar, it puts excess stress on the endlinks.

Thanks for putting this out. Cars are systems. Altering one component virtually always affects several others. With suspension systems, the wheels must move up and down whenever going over bumps/holes. Increasing the torsional stiffness of one component, such as an anti-sway bar means that the vertical forces will be transferred somewhere else, in this case the endlinks and the chassis. On a relatively smooth racetrack, stronger anti-sway bars have only a minimal effect on those parts, but on public roads with bumps and potholes the endlinks and chassis can wind up taking more strain than they were designed for. That might mean cracking an endlink, as may have been the case in this instance, or slowly bending the steel of the unibody so that you start getting squeaks and rattles from slight misalignment of doors and hatches. Always remember that the kinetic energy which the cars movements produce has to go somewhere.