GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
91 octane base map? It'll be a fun ride compared to stock.

Ed sent me a DSG tune revision to test recently, and its updated shift points are better for cruising now compared to the version I bought at the beginning of April. I wonder which you'll be getting.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Yeah 91 Octane for ease of access. If I wanted to drive to Sonoma Raceway to fill up, then I could do 93, but it would be annoying to have to drive ~20 minutes to just get gas.

If for whatever reason you don't like the DSG tune I can vouch for the Stratified DSG tune that gets installed on the Cobb AP for $125.

Thanks for the heads up!

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
AID and bezel (which will be wrapped to match my Golf trim) [emoji16]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

edrex

Ready to race!
Ed sent me a DSG tune revision to test recently, and its updated shift points are better for cruising now compared to the version I bought at the beginning of April.

Can you give some more info on the differences?

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Can you give some more info on the differences?
Before, it wouldn't shift up when cruising at some constant speeds. For instance, it could be 2200rpm and won't shift until hitting 2300rpm (just an example; idk the actual logic in use), which caused bad gas mileage when I'd be going steady on a flat road.

Now the upshift point is a bit lower while still not gear hunting. I think it's likely that he also updated the downshift points to prevent gear hunting.

I gave a bit of feedback on this revision I tested. In particular, I said that the 4 -> 5 gear change could still be sooner. He asked for rpm ranges I'm seeing when I think it should be shifting, which I provided. We'll see if/when Ed responds with another revision to test.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Audi brake ducts

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Cole Trickle

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi S4
Agreed but here in FL we don't have handling. Just straight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winter Park eh?

Check out the S bend on Lucien Way, between RDV and Fields BMW. I used to hit it every day to/from work. 55-60 mph, no cops, deserted on weekends, three lanes wide in the curves.

edrex

Ready to race!
NeedSleep, thank you - looking forward to hearing how the testing goes and seeing some new revision released

AdrianNikonian

Passed Driver's Ed
Replaced my BBS center caps, used a large suction cup to remove them w/o having to touch the wheels w/ any tools.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Replaced my BBS center caps, used a large suction cup to remove them w/o having to touch the wheels w/ any tools.

Can also use removable Velcro strips. Command brand for example.

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!

Genius!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk