GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

eajr

Go Kart Champion

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Nice deal! That 8" screen makes such a difference.

I may be selling the GTI trim for that screen if you need it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Are you making the jump to MIB 2.5? I strongly considered it but I have my eye on something else (still for the car) that will cost me about the same amount. I'm in a Golf TDI so I need the brushed "aluminum" trim but I appreciate the offer. The trim I need is easy to source though. Assuming the screen works I'll buy the trim for 160 and will complete my 8in screen upgrade for under 300 which I will be extremely happy with.

Few more things arrived today. Three different colors of brushed aluminum vinyl (can't really tell in the picture but in person they are very slightly different). And a fiber optic cable. All of this for the AID that should be here by the end of next week. I have a couple more vinyls coming Going to see which one matches the trim in my car the best so that I can wrap the AID bezel.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Are you making the jump to MIB 2.5? I strongly considered it but I have my eye on something else (still for the car) that will cost me about the same amount. I'm in a Golf TDI so I need the brushed "aluminum" trim but I appreciate the offer. The trim I need is easy to source though. Assuming the screen works I'll buy the trim for 160 and will complete my 8in screen upgrade for under 300 which I will be extremely happy with.

Few more things arrived today. Three different colors of brushed aluminum vinyl (can't really tell in the picture but in person they are very slightly different). And a fiber optic cable. All of this for the AID that should be here by the end of next week. I have a couple more vinyls coming Going to see which one matches the trim in my car the best so that I can wrap the AID bezel.

I actually switched to the glass display. I also got an eBay special...the screen was slightly damaged by incorrectly removing it so there were two small scratches on the top of the screen (above the display). I filled them with epoxy then put a small strip of gloss black vinyl over them and it looks good as new.

I liked the design if the 8" matte screen just fine, but the only affordable one I could find had the "Nav" button, and I don't have nav. Still functioned fine but my OCD got the best of me.

Where did you pick up the AID from?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Where did you pick up the AID from?

VWPartsVortex. it's the website for a VW parts department in New Jersey. I would assume they source from everywhere though. Their prices are always very good and I've used them before. Their customer service is really good too. 2 days after ordering my parts I noticed the status was still processing. Gave them a call and they said they had the cluster on hand but the bezel was backordered. I had them check to see if the other color for the bezel was in stock. It was so they changed my order to that one while on the phone. My parts should ship out Monday morning. Bezel color doesn't make a difference for me since I have to wrap it but I believe the gloss black was readily available and the polar night was backordered.

The AID and bezel was under $950 with 2-3 day shipping.

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
VWPartsVortex. it's the website for a VW parts department in New Jersey. I would assume they source from everywhere though. Their prices are always very good and I've used them before. Their customer service is really good too. 2 days after ordering my parts I noticed the status was still processing. Gave them a call and they said they had the cluster on hand but the bezel was backordered. I had them check to see if the other color for the bezel was in stock. It was so they changed my order to that one while on the phone. My parts should ship out Monday morning. Bezel color doesn't make a difference for me since I have to wrap it but I believe the gloss black was readily available and the polar night was backordered.

The AID and bezel was under $950 with 2-3 day shipping.

That is a good price, they've definitely become more reasonable than when people first started retrofitting them.

I've used that site before for nuts and bolts kinda stuff....always seemed to be the best price, even compared to eBay.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
TT-RS pressure plate
TDI clutch disk
Sachs DMFW
TOB & RMS
VWR subframe mount and torque link
brake juice

K&N drop in filter not pictured because I couldn’t wait to install it B-D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hell to the yeah, you’re going to like the clutch [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
My $100 eBay special 8" matte screen works great. Very excited about it. Proper vent surround has been ordered.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
My $100 eBay special 8" matte screen works great. Very excited about it.
$100????? eBay? I can’t find anything that cheap!

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
My $100 eBay special 8" matte screen works great. Very excited about it. Proper vent surround has been ordered.

Be careful not to lose the little rubber bits off the back of the vent trim, they fall off real easy.

There is also some coding you will need to do to remove the persistent background fault code which is caused by the BCM realising the new hardware isn’t what it is expecting to ‘talk’ to, ill post a link to the thread when I find it again.

Last edited:

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
$100????? eBay? I can’t find anything that cheap!
EBay seller is tvrsales. If you just search the screen part number they have/had multiple listings at $175 OBO. All being sold as parts only so you're taking a chance. A couple were scratched or showed other aesthetic issues. I chose the one that looked the best to me and offered $100. They accepted the offer.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Be careful not to lose the little rubber bits off the back of the vent trim, they fall off real easy.
All of them except one fell right off, haha. I was able to collect them. I just put them in the cup holder for now and put my 6.5 in screen and bezel back in. New one should be here by the end of the week and I'll have these rubber bits for it if for some reason it doesn't come with them.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Wow! I’ll give it a try, thank you