GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
And why not buy from DeAutoLED? Not trying to be flippant here (seriously I’m not), but can you name another company that makes products for our cars with just as high of quality and quick shipping?

I would buy from anybody on the planet, including hostile foreign governments, before giving that joker one red cent.

athos56

Ready to race!
The parts are showing up

Hopefully the B12 kit is not too far behind. Still waiting in the rear shock mounts from 034 as well.

Attachments

• WIN_20190508_18_34_10_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20190508_18_34_10_Pro.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 710

danvilla413

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 SE 6MT, '04 S2K
Homelink self dimming mirror.

Lemme know how this goes. I’ve been eyeing this for a while. The DIY from DAP makes it look fairly straight forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Lemme know how this goes. I’ve been eyeing this for a while. The DIY from DAP makes it look fairly straight forward.

I've just done some fitting. There are two covers that come with it. One is a tad bit short (the wiring harness would be exposed), and one is a tad bit long. So I used a dremel to remove the excess from the long one. It fits just fine now.

What I'm actually going to do is use the cover to also pass the wire for my radar detector to make the mirror and the surrounding area super clean. I hate hanging wires.

Overall I'm pretty stoked about this mirror. Been waiting to pull the trigger on this thing for a LONG time. It looks fine, I did a basic electrical test with it, everything appears fine at the moment. I'll let you know once I'm fully done.

Bassman

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Did you have any trouble configuring it for use with your garage door?

No trouble at all. It was super easy but I can’t remember the procedure anymore.
It just works flawless with a great range too.

Mine didn’t came with different trim pieces. I had to reuse my wire harness cover from the standard mirror. All fine!

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
No trouble at all. It was super easy but I can’t remember the procedure anymore.
It just works flawless with a great range too.

Mine didn’t came with different trim pieces. I had to reuse my wire harness cover from the standard mirror. All fine!

Good to hear! I have the instructions from both Homelink and my garage mechanism.

Mine came with the trim because it's a rev. E for the S. My stock mirror has no trim pieces.

MysticBlueX3

Ready to race!

Cole Trickle

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Audi S4
TT-RS pressure plate
TDI clutch disk
Sachs DMFW
TOB & RMS
VWR subframe mount and torque link
brake juice

K&N drop in filter not pictured because I couldn’t wait to install it B-D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mindonmatter

Ready to race!

Attachments

• IMG_20190511_100444_resize_53_compress25.jpg
    IMG_20190511_100444_resize_53_compress25.jpg
    820.8 KB · Views: 450

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
8 inch matte screen, $100 eBay special. Out of a totaled Passat. Scrap yard said car had no battery when it came in, screen sold parts only as they couldn't test it. Nothing aesthetically wrong that I can see. And the mounting clips aren't messed up so they at least used proper removal tools to take it out. Of course today my wife drives the car so I can't test it yet.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
8 inch matte screen, $100 eBay special. Out of a totaled Passat. Scrap yard said car had no battery when it came in, screen sold parts only as they couldn't test it. Nothing aesthetically wrong that I can see. And the mounting clips aren't messed up so they at least used proper removal tools to take it out. Of course today my wife drives the car so I can't test it yet.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Nice deal! That 8" screen makes such a difference.

I may be selling the GTI trim for that screen if you need it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk