GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

"Inspection in 30 days" showed up today

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
Today driving to work I saw the "inspection in 30 days" in the mfd for the first time. The car is at almost 36k, its a 2015 with a feb build date. I purchased the car at 27k and at around 32k, changed the engine oil, VAQ oil, checked the engine air filter, swapped the cabin air filter. I plan on bleeding/flushing the brake fluid soon and I have the tools to do it (Should have done it right when I got the car in march last year). With that out of the way, can I just reset this light and continue the maintenance schedule I'm following from DAP? I'm guessing it just came on because the car is 4 years from its build date but I want to be sure.

TechGuy32

Ready to race!
I personally would definitely not got 3-4 years on brake fluid as it is hygroscopic and will absorb moisture that results in internal rusting of the components and hardening of the seals.

IME a Motive power bleeder is worth the price and eliminates air in the system that can occur with the conventional 2 person or vacuum tool bleeding process. With the correct adapters you can use this on most cars so it's a inexpensive and very useful tool to own.