GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Service techs took my stage 2 GTI on a joyride.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
More-so over the ramifications of mistreating customer's property. Which is why I guess they felt it necessary to remove the techs involved. Although I guess I'll have the same attitude as you moving forward; I always suggest people pick up a camera anyway.

There's really no need to not have one in the type of world we live in. I've had one ever since my Mk5 was totaled by a teen driver who ran a red light. No one stopped to be a witness and unfortunately a friend of hers pulled up before the police arrived and said it was me that ran the light. The cop wrote that down so both insurance companies found me at fault..

Were there any street cameras at that light? If so, the police can view the video and see it was her that ran the light and not you.

Neilsdeal

Ready to race!
Were there any street cameras at that light? If so, the police can view the video and see it was her that ran the light and not you.

Unfortunately not; that was years ago(2010?) in a small Texas town that doesn't have a single red light camera. I'm sure it didn't help that the cop writing everything down was the girl's cousin. I got royally screwed, but have been running a dashcam ever since.

DubberMK7

Yesterday I got my GTI back from the dealership after some warranty work(shifter assembly replaced for throwing false codes). It was there for about a week as they took too many cars in to be serviced which was not a big deal as I had a loaner.

When I got back home I decided to check my dashcam to find quite a bit of footage of two techs hooning about in my stage 2 GTI. They're peeling out, flooring the gas pedal, speeding, weaving through traffic, and apparently going on a food run. It really hurt seeing and listening to these guys thrash my car around; just the sound of them giggling as the tires are slipping enrages me.

I was very clear to everyone that there was a camera in the car and it certainly announces itself loudly when the car is started. The two morons joyriding even acknowledge the camera and still decide to go nuts.

I'm much more calm than I was yesterday, especially after talking with management, but I'm still in disbelief that people could care so little about someone else's property.

So I'm pretty much just left venting for the moment until I go over all the details with the GM, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had an experience like this? How would you guys handle this?

Just read everything, I agree man you were stellar how you handled this [emoji106][emoji122]. Makes me think twice, especially since mine will be serviced soon. And I give props to the dealership’s leadership too, seemed like they actually cared. I guess we all hope this is a rare occurrence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk