GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cxca engine to replace a cxcb?

shrmntank

Passed Driver's Ed
We are having to replace a 2016 GTi engine and finding better options on a cxca engine id. Does anyone know if this will work in place of a cxcb engine? Also the website says a regular golf 2.0 cxcb engine will work as well. But that sounds odd to me.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
There is no Golf 2.0T Engine. Only the 1.8T. Honestly I'm not sure what the difference is between A and B, but it should fit and work fine. That being said use a different website, that one is probably junk or a scam if they are calling out for you to use the engine from a Golf...

shrmntank

Passed Driver's Ed
There is no Golf 2.0T Engine. Only the 1.8T. Honestly I'm not sure what the difference is between A and B, but it should fit and work fine. That being said use a different website, that one is probably junk or a scam if they are calling out for you to use the engine from a Golf...

That’s what I thought about the golf. It’s on LKQ’s site which I know lots of people use. Says the golf engine as well as cxca will work. So they must have it wrong especially saying the golf engine will work. It’s listed as a 2.0t but pictures clearly show it’s a normal golf.

Crackness1

Ready to race!
The difference between A and B is Performance package or non performance package. cxcb means performance package engine, which is probably why you're finding better pricing on the cxca engine.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Hahah alright LKQ is great, their marketing / website aren't the greatest though.

shrmntank

Passed Driver's Ed
The difference between A and B is Performance package or non performance package. cxcb means performance package engine, which is probably why you're finding better pricing on the cxca engine.

Ahh thank you! Good to know. There are more cxca’s for sure. They had a cxcb that I was going to pick up today but someone bought it this morning.

Juggar

Ready to race!
Id imagine you would just tune it anyway so the 10 HP difference would be null then.

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
When I read this yesterday I tried searching for a difference between the two and wasnt able to find any. As long as the internals are the same which it seems they are, it shouldnt be a problem going with the other.

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah PP GTI's are mechanically identical to their "lesser" brethren. Honestly I doubt anyone could notice the 10hp difference.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

shrmntank

Passed Driver's Ed
Well the dealership actually found an engine with 16k on it for 3600 shipped. They are putting it in for 1400. So 5k to get it going again. Better than the 5k they offered as is.