GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eibach or ST 25mm tubular sway bar?

20ls01

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI 2016
Hey guys..ive narrowed down my two sway bar choices. Im just looking for a modest upgrade while still able to safely use the stock end links.

Anyone have experience on either of these sway bars and what are your thoughts on it? Leaning towards eibach because it is about $25 cheaper.

nkresho

suck, squish, bang, blow
Car(s)
2022 Q3
I grabbed the eibach from tirerack. No comparison to other bars for me, but it feels great changing lanes and in quicker turns. Can't beat the price.

Install was literally like 30 mins. Ass end on ramps, drop the exhaust, pull the old one, and it's on. Watch the triple square for brittleness. Nearly busted mine all apart. Luckily had enough to grab to get the end links back on.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
I've got the 25mm ST and I'm not happy with it. It's not as stiff as I'd like it to be. It is fine for strictly street use, but in an autox or track setting you'll want more rear bar.

B95zP

Ready to race!
IMO if you ain't racing every weekend go with the best deal, keep it simple. Yes you will notice a difference with a 25mm RSB.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
Was going from stock to 25 noticeable?

yeah. rear end felt a little tighter on the street. In autocross it felt pushy, but I had an alignment issue that generated tons of understeer. Before going to get the bar, you could go and get an alignment. You'll feel a huge difference. The stock alignment is setup to drive itself on the highway, and nothing more. There's a TON of toe in on both front and rear. Go for 0 toe front and 1/16th toe in rear, and you'll get a car that likes to rotate a lot more, and it'll feel better balanced. Asking for more camber up front would also help, just remember to rotate tires more frequently when you have more camber.