GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil Change Reminder Reset . . . Again

Steve Poff

I have a 2017 GTI SE. I have found several instructions (each are slightly different) on how to reset the oil change reminder message. I've tried each and none have worked. The message won't go away. Any suggestions?

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Ignition off, key out. Press and hold trip reset button and put key in ignition and turn on. It will ask if you want to reset. Lift finger of trip button and then press it again and it will tell you it has reset.

MichaelAndrews

Passed Driver's Ed
Is it the oil change reminder or "inspection now?"
If inspection now, key off, turn on hazards, hold trip, key on, release trip, press trip to reset, key off, hazards off

Service now is reset the way fingalonga mentioned

Unless for some reason yours is reset through the mdf, scroll through the menu until you find service or maintenance

Kyo

got a 2016 GTI autobahn 5door (DSG) , push start button model (Canadian model if that matters)

tried every instructions I found online, unable to reset my 'Oil Service now" reminder.

wbw

Ready to race!
got a 2016 GTI autobahn 5door (DSG) , push start button model (Canadian model if that matters)

tried every instructions I found online, unable to reset my 'Oil Service now" reminder.

Have you checked your owner's manual?

Parabola

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI, 22 Tiguan
Does anybody have issue with random "oil change" message? I changed my oil two months ago and reset the oil change warning...but this morning it poped up saying "oil change in 30 days".