GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Midwest Track Enthusiast Thread - Dates - Events Planning

DAS_STIG

Banned
Ended up doing a PCA-Chicago event today at blackhawk farms. Lots of fun and car seems to handle track pretty well. Granted it was relatively cool mid-60s most of the day and it was raining entire morning. Still the last session of the day I was able to really push the car in the dry.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Ended up doing a PCA-Chicago event today at blackhawk farms. Lots of fun and car seems to handle track pretty well. Granted it was relatively cool mid-60s most of the day and it was raining entire morning. Still the last session of the day I was able to really push the car in the dry.
Blackhawk eats brakes like mad. Was super squishy by 3rd session usually. I think I hit 95 on the front straight lol

DAS_STIG

Banned
Blackhawk eats brakes like mad. Was super squishy by 3rd session usually. I think I hit 95 on the front straight lol

I was hitting 90 pretty easily on front but then letting up and brake early but easy into corner 1. Hell even from 6 to 6a I was getting over 80. Then tap brakes before the kink and hard on them into 7.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
I was hitting 90 pretty easily on front but then letting up and brake early but easy into corner 1. Hell even from 6 to 6a I was getting over 80. Then tap brakes before the kink and hard on them into 7.
It's a hard track to master imo since you have to find the correct braking points to keep a smooth line and you can't use speed to fix your times that well.

DAS_STIG

Banned
It's a hard track to master imo since you have to find the correct braking points to keep a smooth line and you can't use speed to fix your times that well.

I'm sure that this being my first real track day limited the strain on my brakes, but still happy with how they held up considering mine is non-PP. The rain in the morning slowed things down a lot too on top of it being relatively cool low 60F.

Grommit

Passed Driver's Ed
Just bumping this up quick.

I'm 83% certain I'll be at the Track Nights in American at BHF on 8/23.

Anyone else planning on making it? Im still on stock brakes in the R, been waiting a month for new pads to get off backorder..so gotta check them over to see how they may hold up.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Just bumping this up quick.

I'm 83% certain I'll be at the Track Nights in American at BHF on 8/23.

Anyone else planning on making it? Im still on stock brakes in the R, been waiting a month for new pads to get off backorder..so gotta check them over to see how they may hold up.

That's very possible, I need to dial in my suspension. Blackhawk is a fun track

Grommit

Passed Driver's Ed
Yea,
I'm trying to get back into the groove. Its been a few years since I've done anything really competitive or track days. USAIR was my last track day, 2? years ago. Kinda fell off the planet and need to just GO again.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Yea,
I'm trying to get back into the groove. Its been a few years since I've done anything really competitive or track days. USAIR was my last track day, 2? years ago. Kinda fell off the planet and need to just GO again.

Yeah This year has been rough for me. The car has been down all season and it's depressing me. I'm almost done with it though, hoping within the next week or so it'll be good to go. Then I just need a corner balance and alignment then hit the track to dial it in.

DAS_STIG

Banned
Anyone know how Road America is on brakes vs Blackhawk Farms or Autobahn Full course? Considering going, but buddy who has been to RA says I should plan to bring a change of rotors/pads.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
Anyone know how Road America is on brakes vs Blackhawk Farms or Autobahn Full course? Considering going, but buddy who has been to RA says I should plan to bring a change of rotors/pads.
How much pad do you have left? RA has tons of cooling but every brake zone is hard on it so of you're questioning it and have a spare set then bring it with you. My feroddo pads id say I can get 3 full weekends out of them considering they get too hot and the pads start to deteriorate due to the binding agent softening.

I'll probably be there for badger bimmers and MVP octoberfast as those are really the only good days left this year.

DAS_STIG

Banned
I have a good amount left on fronts... maybe 60-70%? Since this is my first year I am still going easy and no where near 100% while learning turn in points and all.

Grommit

Passed Driver's Ed
I agree you'll be fine as well.

RA in my old Miatas was a blast, and my Carbotech pads/brembo blanks could last up to a whole season up there.

What's everyone running for pads? Im waiting on stoptech's to come off backorder (supposedly 8/15)
But Im starting to look at other options at this point. Problem is kinda need a street/track pad that can deal with winter as well.