GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

When is the REFRESHED 2018 Golf/GTI available stateside?

AKF427

Ready to race!
To each their own. GREEN? Jaguar & now Audi have a solid looking GREEN, but....

QUESTION - Is it true that SILVER is not going to be avail, but the White/Silver will be??

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
To each their own. GREEN? Jaguar & now Audi have a solid looking GREEN, but....

QUESTION - Is it true that SILVER is not going to be avail, but the White/Silver will be??

Yeah, somebody posted this image above:

You know what I just realized? That doesn't say that Night Blue Metallic is being deleted! Which is very interesting because it was deleted for Canada.

Last edited:

AKF427

Ready to race!
Is this for a wife/husband/partner?

Why would anyone get two GTIs?

Start stop on DSG models? My wife has that on her Mercedes C Class and that is the most annoying "feature" ever! (hopefully it has a button to disengage it!

It will have a defeat/override...hopefully a small button that you depress & it remains activated instead of recycling each time you first start the car.

Jumpy....Silver & Grey r such primary colors for nearly all cars, "deleting" them? VW must know something we do not. You think they will offer 2 blue options....plus the new green? Perhaps a lack of diesel emissions causes corporate color blindness?

Mk_GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I've seen the White Silver Metallic on a 2017 GLI. Pretty nice color and looks more like a pearl white than silver.

Cool Hand Pete

Ready to race!
I've seen the White Silver Metallic on a 2017 GLI. Pretty nice color and looks more like a pearl white than silver.

That’s what is strange. Two whites but no silver. I’m biased because I had been planning to purchase one in silver if they had it. I would get a 2017 but they don’t really exist with the DAP and I’m determined to have the autonomous braking. Manual emergency braking is so old school... :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cool Hand Pete

Ready to race!
It will have a defeat/override...hopefully a small button that you depress & it remains activated instead of recycling each time you first start the car.

Jumpy....Silver & Grey r such primary colors for nearly all cars, "deleting" them? VW must know something we do not. You think they will offer 2 blue options....plus the new green? Perhaps a lack of diesel emissions causes corporate color blindness?

I’m with you. You can’t go wrong with silver in my opinion, for the fact it doesn’t show dirt, looks sharp, etc. I wish they had kept a real silver or at least - not as preferable - a grey. If these indicators are correct, the color choices they’ve added, combined with the ones they’ve removed, seem odd.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner

I believe that you have to turn it off everytime you start the car again...that's how it is on the new Tiguan & Atlas anyways, new VW cars featuring it for the first time

ohsnapzombies1

Ready to race!
That SE in the greyblue color with plaid is my ideal GTI choice for 2018. Definitely inline with my old MK6 that had cloth with sunroof.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
First thread for 2018 will be,

how do you retrofit glove box cooler?

Always use that. Will suck not to have it.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
How do you use it? I’ve always wondered what it’s utility is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess it's only useful if you drive a lot. Cooling drinks. Keeping food cool. Items in there stay pretty cool even when leaving car for an hour or two. So come back to a cool bottle of water. Supply of sunflower seeds and granola stays fresh.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I guess it's only useful if you drive a lot. Cooling drinks. Keeping food cool. Items in there stay pretty cool even when leaving car for an hour or two. So come back to a cool bottle of water. Supply of sunflower seeds and granola stays fresh.

Granola and sunflower seeds?
You health nut. ;)
How does it keep Hershey Bars and Reeses Peanut Butter Cups?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Granola and sunflower seeds?
You health nut. ;)
How does it keep Hershey Bars and Reeses Peanut Butter Cups?

They do just fine as well. As long as you're not parked in 105° heat for hours on end.

The healthy stuff is just to make myself feel better about Wingstop/ Rosa's / Chickfila lunch