Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf
HI you need ODIS with Internet connection to re-enable the Navi
Regards

Enviado desde mi Z5 Premium E6853 mediante Tapatalk

fdietze

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Mario, i am working on this again. FSS function ask me about three informations:
activation code, activation number and activation PIN.

for you this infos are requested too? And where can i find then?

thanks in advance

Last edited:

fdietze

Passed Driver's Ed
HI you need ODIS with Internet connection to re-enable the Navi
Regards

Hi Mario, i am working on this again. FSS function ask me about three informations:

thanks in advance

Mario2

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf

thanks in advance
HI, you will need ODIS online and a lot of luck because many Navi will not work after retrofiting, you need to buy code in the dealer I'm in a trouble like this I will came the next Wednesday to a dealer to activate one discover pro navigation because thus don't work anymore

welshdragon1979

anyone ordered the 8" headunit from the avinusa website? how long did delivery take? i ordered mine on the 10th of this month, and still waitiing for order status to change beyond processing, contacted them on the 12th, and they were still waiting delivery, wonder if needing the silver rhd trim is delaying things...

Mario2

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf

thanks in advance
I have made research and @xagico told me that it's necessary to buy a document for enable the function of navigation, it costs 206 Euros in Spain and 3100 pesos in México, you will need to go to your dealer to order this activation document, regards

peekay342

Hey there. Component protection exists only for VW to check whether something is stolen or not. When a new electronic part is fitted, the car connects and "talks" to a db in Germany and checks if the part is in the "stolen list". If not then you're good to go.

The problem with the discover pro is twofold. One, don't forget that it's not just the screen which is different but also the unit in the glovebox and some other hardware as well. Second, there is probably a reason you didn't get it in the US (just as we can't get it in Australia either). I believe the reason for Australia might be that maps for the Discover Pro satnav are not available for this country. It could be similar to the US.

A bunch of people in Australia have successfully managed to retrofit this to a base Golf that came with the Composition system but they are stuck with the satnav (search on vwwatercooled forums and you will find the thread).

Lastly don't forget....buying all that equipment new will be very expensive!

Hi I have the Discover Pro that was retrofitted by me and is fully operational with DAB. I purchased it through VW Central via Dean. Works perfectly ok for me and have full functionality of Mirror Link... latest nav maps for Australia working .... all good love it compared to what I had. He knows someone who can get it to work.

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None
So Mexican built cars are entirely different from the German. My Golf has a 5G0 035 844 head unit made by panasonic that includes a GPS antenna. My car does not have car net and is MIB I. I currently have a 10.2" android unit in but I'd rather have the OEM 8" Unit. Right now I have no way to disable traction control and that's driving me nuts! lol.

I'd also like to be able to watch dvds (which the android unit promised but did not deliver on)

Forgot to include 08/2014 build date.

Last edited:

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
So Mexican built cars are entirely different from the German. My Golf has a 5G0 035 844 head unit made by panasonic that includes a GPS antenna. My car does not have car net and is MIB I. I currently have a 10.2" android unit in but I'd rather have the OEM 8" Unit. Right now I have no way to disable traction control and that's driving me nuts! lol.

I'd also like to be able to watch dvds (which the android unit promised but did not deliver on)

You can retrofit the ESC Switch near the shifter and code it. There is a how to floating around here, check with forum member GOLFDAVE I think that he did it but I'm not 100% sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hal

Ready to race!

I have a 10.2" Android head unit too and the ESC switch works just fine. The "Car Settings" app also has an option for traction control but now you mention it I'm not sure that option works or not.

Jack'o

You need to enter in diagnosis mode in odis then open the modules topology then right click and guided functions then is an option called FSS or FFS and do that procedure

@Mario - if I have factory MIB1 DP, then maps on MIB2 DP unit could be activate in this way?
You know about FeC's (Feature enablement Code)?
Is FeC of navi from MIB1 DP compatible with MIB2 DP unit?

Greetings
Jacko

ertanv24

Car(s)
Golf 7 GTi Clubsport
I have installed a Discover Pro 8" screen on my Discover Media unit - born with the 6,5" display.
The bigger screen works perfectly.

I was just not so happy with the resolution after I saw the Discover Pro resolution.
After some searches and tests, in the Green Menu, I found out that you could select Skin HIGH, which actually changed the resolution. However your Menu will change to 6x6 instead of the one line Swappable menu. Looks like the latest units - think it is MiB2,5.
You can already see the change in the Phone menu after the "tweak". Below Discover Pro, you have 4 Favorite contacts, while Pro has 6.

So now I have a Discover Media unit with a Discover Pro screen (5G0 919 606) and also the same resolution - AND the 6 Favorit contacts...
Looks like VW already prepared this for us :D