GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Discover Pro Nav Speed Cam Sound Alerts

Anayat

Ready to race!
Sorry if this has been posted before, I just took delivery of my GTD, I downloaded and converted Speed Camera POIs with sound alerts which is great, I get a nice audible alert when coming up to a camera.

But the issue I have is when I'm using the nav I don't like having the voice guidance, I usually have it switched off. But when I turn off the nav announcements I lose the POI audio alert. is there a way to keep the alert but not have voice guidance?

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
You did very well to get the audible alerts in the first place - not sure I have heard of anyone doing that before! No way you will be able to split the two I strongly suspect.

Tell me - do you get camera alerts if you are not in navigation mode - just normal map following mode?

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
How do you say, "Say What!" across the pond? Please explain. Is this software for cameras that are permanently mounted at traffic lights?

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
How do you say, "Say What!" across the pond? Please explain. Is this software for cameras that are permanently mounted at traffic lights?

No, they are for the permanent mounted truvello, Gatso and SPECS speed cameras mounted at the sides of the roads and sometimes red light cameras. Basically a file of POI's that say where they are had them on my previous car but not bothered this time. Not really needed in the as they are bright yellow and easy to see plus the road markings give them away. The ones that hard to see are the laser traps, if they can see you they can get your speed so by the time you see them its too late.

alan h

Ready to race!
No, they are for the permanent mounted truvello, Gatso and SPECS speed cameras mounted at the sides of the roads and sometimes red light cameras. Basically a file of POI's that say where they are had them on my previous car but not bothered this time. Not really needed in the as they are bright yellow and easy to see plus the road markings give them away. The ones that hard to see are the laser traps, if they can see you they can get your speed so by the time you see them its too late.

i managed to get the sound alerts working for the hassle its certainly worth it.

whilst we all stick to the speed limit and never creep over, its always nice having that reminder right before a camera. it doesn't take too much over 30 in a new place when your concentrating on where your going to get done.

Anayat

Ready to race!
You did very well to get the audible alerts in the first place - not sure I have heard of anyone doing that before! No way you will be able to split the two I strongly suspect.

Tell me - do you get camera alerts if you are not in navigation mode - just normal map following mode?

Yes so long as it is displaying the map if I come near a camera it will play an audible sound, even without a route programmed.