GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT vs L450-500

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
At 5k just for turbo and tune I will pass. Gains aren't that much better to justify the price. I'm searching for a stage 3 for a R and most of the hybrid setups seem to be exactly what I am looking for. Boss kits suck and cts customer service is worse. Eqt, littco and dbv2 seem like quality options.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

If you don't own a boss kit how you personally know they suck.
I am running a boss500 and i am happy with it. I had some slight fitment issues ( coolant/oil lines not perfectly lining up but that was easily overcome) and an exhaust housing issue ( which i noticed prior to install and received a new one next day, overnight freight paid by them).

tytus1994

Ready to race!
If you don't own a boss kit how you personally know they suck.
I am running a boss500 and i am happy with it. I had some slight fitment issues ( coolant/oil lines not perfectly lining up but that was easily overcome) and an exhaust housing issue ( which i noticed prior to install and received a new one next day, overnight freight paid by them).
You don't need to personally own them to know they have had tons of problems. Your sample size is 1 my sample size is over 50. Do some research. I'm glad yours worked out after fixing the problems it had. Number 1 thing for me is cts customer service so I won't touch it.

tytus1994

Ready to race!
Not that I condone the bad customer service from CTS, but are most of the problems with the BOSS 500/600 occurring on the V2? Seems like I've heard less of the hotside issues and sealing issues with the V2 and that majority of the problems were fixed.

The 5k cost of the mabotech I believe is a mistake. Frank hasn't upgraded the website. His turbos are more towards the $3k mark. Best to speak with him directly as he offers different sizes.
On their site it said 3900 for turbo and 5k for turbo and tune. It may need updating just going by what the site said.

805mk7gti

Ready to race!
It seems the Canadian customers get preferential treatment and free hotsides, while everyone in the states is completely ignored until the threat of a class action lawsuit. Then once the customer has got CTS's attention, instead of a free hotside they have to pay for a new hotside that may or may not work.

To me that sounds like a scam more than anything.

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
I’m waiting for Littco user’s feedback. As for the company, they appear very George Smooth like after a few emails today. Any Littco users post experiences I haven’t found?

I found VTT feedback on N54 boards, what other markets does Littco service?

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
I'm not going to sit here and defend CTS, but the fact is it is still a better kit than any option other than Iroz and APR (ill give the mamba clones Frank sells credit, they are better than CTS as well, just overpriced). Pagparts will more than likely be the best $ to performance ratio kit available when it comes out in 2020 :)

This is coming from someone who has run is20,is38,hybrid and now a 600 and tuned the efr7163, 500, 600, dbv2, tomioka, etc.

tytus1994

Ready to race!
I'm not going to sit here and defend CTS, but the fact is it is still a better kit than any option other than Iroz and APR (ill give the mamba clones Frank sells credit, they are better than CTS as well, just overpriced). Pagparts will more than likely be the best $ to performance ratio kit available when it comes out in 2020 :)

This is coming from someone who has run is20,is38,hybrid and now a 600 and tuned the efr7163, 500, 600, dbv2, tomioka, etc.
It will be for a R so traction won't be a problem that comes with a GTI. I personally will not buy CTS product because customer service means something to me and that's my personal opinion on the matter. I don't need some huge turbo. I have been there and done that on my 2013 Shelby. My goal is finding a turbo that has great customer service, reliable and makes 400-500 hp depending on what fuel route I want to go.