GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 Press Release - New GTI "Rabbit" Edition trim

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
https://media.vw.com/releases/1075

Limited-run Rabbit Edition slated b/t S and SE models. Kinda like the Sport from 2017. That Cornflower Blue looks AWESOME! (there's only one picture on the internet of it, and it's posted on the GTI subreddit)

Also, 2019 Alltrack SEL is available with a manual. I really hope I can afford one of those in the next two years, cause god damn I want one. A manual GFG Alltrack SEL w/ Marrakesh interior... I'd die and go to heaven.

Last edited:

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Yikes - even at MSRP, with "dealer fees" a regular DSG Golf R is $43K. It would cost me another $2,500 in taxes and title fees, so upwards of $46K. The only saving grace is the trade.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Yikes... The MSRP for a base model is gettin up there...

adam1991

Banned
"SE models get new standard equipment, including leather seating surfaces, plus a new available Experience Package, which offers Fender® Premium Audio and DCC® chassis control."

Never should have taken those away from the SE.

Agreed.

I've done the analysis; with SE now having sunroof and leather, along with the option of Fender and DCC, Autobahn now brings only this to the table:

* power driver seat (still without memory)
* climatronic
* auto dimming mirror (available as a factory accessory)
* the rest of the Driver Assistance Package
* navigation

I say that 2019 SE w/Fender and DCC is peak GTI. Autobahn's feature set will attract only a small group of buyers.

I have a 2017 Autobahn; I got it last December, and only because it was year end and no SE models were available (in 2017, SE had Fender and DCC). I don't use the built-in navigation, the power seat is a pain to use without memory settings, I don't care about climatronic in such a small car, I don't think I want lane keeping and auto parking, and I got the add-on accessory Homelink auto-dimming mirror anyway.

I do know that we'll see a decent number of people bemoaning that the SE has sunroof. I won't necessarily disagree with them. The ideal SE for me would not have a sunroof, although in the end it doesn't matter to me.

Maybe if they had kept sunroof limited to the Autobahn, and added digital cockpit to the Autobahn, they'd have a good case to make for the higher price.

greens

Ready to race!
Cornflower Blue is essentially Focus RS blue. Not my cup of tea but I can see it working for many.

I imagine the grey used in the new press kit is the Urano Grey mentioned here months ago. Now this I like quite a bit.

If I were in the market now I would be leaning toward the Rabbit edition. You get the LEDs, Golf R brakes and VAQ but avoid the dreaded sunroof. Win win.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Cornflower Blue is essentially Focus RS blue. Not my cup of tea but I can see it working for many.

I imagine the grey used in the new press kit is the Urano Grey mentioned here months ago. Now this I like quite a bit.

If I were in the market now I would be leaning toward the Rabbit edition. You get the LEDs, Golf R brakes and VAQ but avoid the dreaded sunroof. Win win.

I don't think it is. Look at this:

It's more muted. Less pop, less candy color. I like it.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
I wonder is the 18" Prets are FF (I'm sure they aren't, but it'd be awesome if they could give GTI owners a lightweight OEM wheel option)

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Am I the only one who can't see what color that is with all that wheel gap? Holy 4x4 Batman!! LOL

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Hard to tell with the picture quality and the light that the car is under but it almost has a Jazz Blue look to it. However it does appear to be lighter on the car, but in the pictures of the car in the background it appears darker.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Exactly.
Those are some of the features that brought me to the SE in the first place.
Didn't need to and didn't want to go to Autobahn level, but I wanted leather, a sunroof and the Fender audio.

Mk_GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Exactly.
Those are some of the features that brought me to the SE in the first place.
Didn't need to and didn't want to go to Autobahn level, but I wanted leather, a sunroof and the Fender audio.

The 2019 spec is exactly how I want an Mk7.5 SE equipped. Glad I waited and didn't buy an '18 model. Don't need navigation or the other junk.

Now, just need to wait until 2019 models are $5k+ off MSRP...

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
Being a limited production run, it would be interesting to see dealer discounts on these Rabbit edition GTIs.