GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

IS20 swap P00AF EPC Light limp mode

williamwong

Bad news. After I adjusted the rod and put the end back into the wastegate swing arm. The code comes back again. I think I’m doing it wrongly. Shud I be adjusting with key on and looking at the actual values of the lower and upper limit of the actuator? Currently is 3.57V for lower limit.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Bad news. After I adjusted the rod and put the end back into the wastegate swing arm. The code comes back again. I think I’m doing it wrongly. Shud I be adjusting with key on and looking at the actual values of the lower and upper limit of the actuator? Currently is 3.57V for lower limit.

It shouldn't come out of the swing gate arm to adjust. Take off the downpipe at the turbo and feel the wastegate. It should be loose and about 1cm of gap at least.

The IS20 is on the left. See how it lays open a bit? That's what you want.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
It shouldn't come out of the swing gate arm to adjust. Take off the downpipe at the turbo and feel the wastegate. It should be loose and about 1cm of gap at least.

The IS20 is on the left. See how it lays open a bit? That's what you want.

This is correct, and also no, you should not be adjusting it with the key on. You need it to be off so the actuator isn't trying to charge it. With it off it should be a little lose like in DIggs pic, once you turn the car on to do the test, the actuator will tighten it up.

kcasner

Car(s)
Car
This is correct, and also no, you should not be adjusting it with the key on. You need it to be off so the actuator isn't trying to charge it. With it off it should be a little lose like in DIggs pic, once you turn the car on to do the test, the actuator will tighten it up.

Do you know if this all applies to the is38 as well?

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None
I had my IS38 and APR tune installed installed last week, I had one random instance of this code and it has not occurred again. It occurred in a low boost high load scenario climbing a hill in PA. Dealer said I might need to adjust the wastegate since the turbo has now seen a few heat cycles. Is this true, or was it just a fluke? A little bit later I had a 14913(P0234) overboost in the same scenario. I have a feeling these are related, but I'm not 100% sure. Add to my confusion the tune is currently in beta so I'm not sure if these are due to the tune or something mechanical lol.

Veedubtee

I had my IS38 and APR tune installed installed last week, I had one random instance of this code and it has not occurred again. It occurred in a low boost high load scenario climbing a hill in PA.

I had this code on my 1.8TSI with an IS38, DP and APR ECU/TCU tune. It happened on an inclined highway on ramp while cruise was on and I was adding speed via the plus key on the steering wheel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Veedubtee

I had this code on my 1.8TSI with an IS38, DP and APR ECU/TCU tune. It happened on an inclined highway on ramp while cruise was on and I was adding speed via the plus key on the steering wheel.

I got the throttle adjusted by my shop. Since then, I have been trying to reproduce this issue with high gear and low boost on an incline. The tune seems very solid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
So I’m having issues with my wastegate (possibly) and dbv2. The voltage is 3.56 but my wgdc is like 2-3% and it won’t reach target boost. What are people doing for bigger turbos?

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Came with new. I’m reading so many different ways on doing this it’s frustrating to know what’s right.

The actuator is from an A6

GTI787

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Nut could be loose. We also see pretty often the downpipe clamp loosens and spins around blocking the actuator arm lever.
So sorry to bring this back from the dead but my EPC light came on tonight and sure enough it was the DP clamp which was loose and rotated around blocking the actuator arm. Simple 5 minute fix. Thank You so much!!! Love this group!