GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

mk717

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 A3 Quattro
It does just say recommended not required. Anyway I have some time while I wait for my actuator and o-rings to be delivered to do some more research. Thanks to everyone who chimed in.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
Hmm, good info about the liqui moly oils... I tried seeing if ECS Tuning carries Synthoil high tech and all they had was the synthoil premium... doesn't seem that most of the euro sites sell this oil and I am a little sketch about getting oil from Amazon. Is there a good source for this oil?

note: Ok, so now I am starting to wonder if Synthoil supercedes the high tech? Next oil change I think I will try the premium out.

Good info and sorry for going OT!

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
Anybody test this out with the Eurodyne IS38 software until they were custom tuned?

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Hmm, good info about the liqui moly oils... I tried seeing if ECS Tuning carries Synthoil high tech and all they had was the synthoil premium... doesn't seem that most of the euro sites sell this oil and I am a little sketch about getting oil from Amazon. Is there a good source for this oil?

note: Ok, so now I am starting to wonder if Synthoil supercedes the high tech? Next oil change I think I will try the premium out.

Good info and sorry for going OT!

Leichtlauf High Tech is their best IIRC.

Amazon has it, screw ECS.

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
Leichtlauf High Tech is their best IIRC.

Amazon has it, screw ECS.

Not to make this political or anything, but Why screw ECS? Jeff Bezos really needs more money? Especially when most Amazon employees can’t make ends meet. Just curious.

pdisguise

Go Kart Newbie
I’ve been abusing my IHX475 with the stage 2 91oct Unitronic file for the past 2200 miles. No issues so far...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That an IS20 it IS38 tune? Swapping from a JB4 to ED, wanted to run the IS38 software for a month or so until I get a custom tune.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
I’ve been abusing my IHX475 with the stage 2 91oct Unitronic file for the past 2200 miles. No issues so far...

No, it won't cause any issues.
You just upgraded to not take advantage of the turbo though. The entire point of moving to a larger frame is to move the powerband to the right - instead, you have shrunk it (as an is38 tune will dump boost up top).

gebrajake

No, it won't cause any issues.

You just upgraded to not take advantage of the turbo though. The entire point of moving to a larger frame is to move the powerband to the right - instead, you have shrunk it (as an is38 tune will dump boost up top).

Patiently waiting for custom tune... out of my hands at this point. Believe me, I want it mapped. But I upgraded because my IS38 blew.

Calkulin

Ready to race!
Anyone tried out the IHX600 yet? I have an opportunity to pick up either the IHX475 or IHX600 for a sweat deal, so wondering if the 600 will be worth the $400 more. Any dynos of the 600 yet?

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
Anyone tried out the IHX600 yet? I have an opportunity to pick up either the IHX475 or IHX600 for a sweat deal, so wondering if the 600 will be worth the $400 more. Any dynos of the 600 yet?

Give me a few months, I'll be going from the 475 to the 600 probably.