GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fluidampr question/opinion

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
wellp i suppose I can be a guinea pig and test it out over a period of time and if it doesnt seem to do much or cause issues i can always swap back to stock

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I have been running a fluidampr for about a year and It did help a little it the noise from my clutch, (dkm twin disc) can't hear it at idle when ac is off, you can hear it when the ac is on it's not to bad

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
In my build of my FSI motor I have installed a Fluidampr but only because I have removed the balance shafts. Doubt there would be any reason to run them on a 2.0t that is still stock.

Visceral

Go Kart Newbie
So, if I were considering BFI stage 1 engine/tranny mounts would the Fluidampr help reduce NVH in that scenario? It sounds like the comments are centered around the use of aftermarket flywheels...

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
After the Fluidampr install I felt less vibrations across the rev range particularly near redline. I was expecting to feel nothing. I believe RJRacing posted a positive review here on the forums.

Whether it's truely needed along with my DMF is another question entirely haha. Definitely not a placebo but it's diminishing returns for sure. But I would likely rationalize doing it again for the $250 I paid, but I'm pretty far down the rabbit hole. Regardless it was the perfect time to put on a fresh serpentine belt

Have fun modding!

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I'd rather spend the money somewhere else. I have SuperPro mounts and a DKM twin disc clutch kit with a SMFW and for me, the clutch chatter is minimal and don't see a Fluidamper making a difference.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
The fluidampr isnt going to really help with chatter bit it help with internal engine vibration especially at higher rpms, I run one

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
The fluidampr isnt going to really help with chatter bit it help with internal engine vibration especially at higher rpms, I run one

But is there any data out there that shows/proves running a SMFW creates more internal engine vibration on our cars? Theories and assumptions don't count.

WhyNotZoidberg?

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI, 2015 TDI
But is there any data out there that shows/proves running a SMFW creates more internal engine vibration on our cars? Theories and assumptions don't count.

I would say the existence of DMFW would be all the proof you need.

Why would any OEM bother with a more complex assembly and its possible failure, if just a round hunk of metal would do?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i had gotten one hoping to smooth out the idle and gain some up-top power; negligable effects at best for that. Really didn't notice any difference idling, and was bummed because i don't like the 'heartbeat' idle these cars tend to have - stick with getting one if you're smfw; but for the all in price i dont see why not just go dual mass and be done with it?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
i had gotten one hoping to smooth out the idle and gain some up-top power; negligable effects at best for that. Really didn't notice any difference idling, and was bummed because i don't like the 'heartbeat' idle these cars tend to have - stick with getting one if you're smfw; but for the all in price i dont see why not just go dual mass and be done with it?

Heartbeat idle?