GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JB4 Logging, stacking and Map 6 Discussion

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Gracias ��

RecycledDonuts

Ready to race!
It’s not a spike I worry about. I shift normal and it’s like the engine bogs hard and then goes. This is under normal driving conditions.

BTD37

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
On a stock car, what would you consider to be the safest max boost pressure?

Crackness1

Ready to race!
Slightly off topic but related for those of you better versed in electrical wiring:

If some dummy was to break the retaining clip on their OEM big connector (Plug C), what would be the best method to replace it? I've got a set of "keys" and am no stranger to electrical work, just rather not jump into fiddling with the stock connector until I know more. (Does the key go into the smaller square blocks to the top/left of the pin hole?)

I cross referenced the part number from the JB4 connector (425165200 to VW 4H0 973 717) since I... erm, the dummy can't quite remove the stock connector from the engine without cutting into it.

Any additional info anyone can provide would be appreciated :D.

777-300ER

Go Kart Newbie
I keep throwing a fuel rail pressure too low code. 60 FOL Map6 was running e30 for a while back on 93 octane.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
I keep throwing a fuel rail pressure too low code. 60 FOL Map6 was running e30 for a while back on 93 octane.
Set it back down to 50, and keep an eye on trims and AFR

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

777-300ER

Go Kart Newbie
I ran 60 FOL since may and it never threw this code. Once I started e blend with downpipe it started doing it.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I ran 60 FOL since may and it never threw this code. Once I started e blend with downpipe it started doing it.

hmmmm. Well, not going to look back at logs but I assume you weren't cranking the boost on 93? Also, when it's hot out the car will send excess fuel to keep EGTs down. So, either reduce boost, get an IC, or lower FOL. Just keep an eye on AFR if you lower FOL.

777-300ER

Go Kart Newbie
hmmmm. Well, not going to look back at logs but I assume you weren't cranking the boost on 93? Also, when it's hot out the car will send excess fuel to keep EGTs down. So, either reduce boost, get an IC, or lower FOL. Just keep an eye on AFR if you lower FOL.

I have an IC... It has been in the low 70's when I have been seeing this CEL. If I lower FOL doesn't that reduce pressure at the fuel rail?