GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Ruined My Alloys..!!

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
Take wheel off car and check inside back for Vw logo and part number that would be cast in. Those look like China aftermarket wheels. Bet they aren’t vw wheels.

This ^ take one off and look at the part number and text on the back. I don't see what the issue is - kind of potato pictures but if all four look that way, I hardly think that anyone has ruined your wheels. I might be upset if they weren't OEM vw but the original Chinese wheels didn't seem that fantastic.

Last edited:

Moneyboi

Was this at a VW dealer? How bad was the damage? What was the turn around time for repair?

If possible, check the part numbers of the wheels, there are two versions of the Austin. You need to be within inches of the wheel to notice the difference. I assume the second/current version is a result of cost cutting.

My car originally came with 5G0601025BDFZZ, which are no longer available. They have been replaced by 5G0601025ASFZZ.

5G0601025BDFZZ:

5G0601025ASFZZ:

As seen in my photos, the spokes of the “BD” have grooves (you can’t feel them, the clear coat fills them in). The current version (“AS”), lacks the grooves, and the spokes have a smooth appearance. When I purchased a replacement wheel in 2016, the original version was NLA in the US.

Depending on the build date of your car, the part numbers might give you some clues. Regardless, you have a right what you actually paid for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damage on the wheels were not major had scuffs on two of the front wheels back right was immaculate and back left had edge scuff. I gave the car in on Monday evening and it was ready the next Monday evening.

I don’t think it’s chinese wheels as a bit of the curb edge damage is still there on the back left wheel, if that’s not something to complain about I don’t know what is.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Damage on the wheels were not major had scuffs on two of the front wheels back right was immaculate and back left had edge scuff. I gave the car in on Monday evening and it was ready the next Monday evening.

I don’t think it’s chinese wheels as a bit of the curb edge damage is still there on the back left wheel, if that’s not something to complain about I don’t know what is.

I guess that kills the theory that they replaced the wheels with knock-offs.