GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY GTI (1.8t Tsi)

murtaza911

Ready to race!
how did the VWR springs feel on the ride? Was there a drastic change in comfort from the stocks?

The VWR Springs felt very similar to stock. I really didn't notice a difference.
However, after almost 2 years and 40,000 km I think the stock shocks started to wear. They were not leaking, but the ride was noticeably more bouncy.

The FK Coilovers are a bit rougher than the VWR springs. I definitely need to slowdown more for bumps and dips.

murtaza911

Ready to race!
So after about 1500km on the FK Coilovers I've had enough of them so changed them out.

The ride was stiff (but not unbearable). But they made A LOT of noise. Odd clunks and rattles. Swaybar endlinks were making noises. I could feel the swaybar flexing. Overall handling just felt worse.

I recently picked up a set of used Neuspeed Race springs and just installed them today. They ride great. Smooth and quiet. I'm back on my stock shocks, will run them until they go bad.

This is immediately after install. They still need to settle. I really do miss the height on the coils though. Looked amazing so low. But I feel these will get me close to there once it settles.

murtaza911

Ready to race!
Do you have the aliexpress link for this? I ordered one and it was complete dog shit. TIA
I think it's this one. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/VW-...to-Headlight-Sensor-For-Golf/32302585521.html

My aliexpress profile said that one was expired and this is the current listing.

What's wrong with the one you received? Mines not perfect. Sometimes the light comes on too late, especially when the seasons change. I tried calibrating but it doesn't do anything.
I'd give it 7/10 though, so not too bad.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
I think it's this one. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/VW-...to-Headlight-Sensor-For-Golf/32302585521.html

My aliexpress profile said that one was expired and this is the current listing.

What's wrong with the one you received? Mines not perfect. Sometimes the light comes on too late, especially when the seasons change. I tried calibrating but it doesn't do anything.
I'd give it 7/10 though, so not too bad.

rotated 90 degrees; scratched, scuffed and oily; no feedback at all when adjust switch to different positions. It was just an overall shitty product.

murtaza911

Ready to race!
Well, it's been fun. But returning the car back to stock and going to be selling it. Already ordered the new car, gets here in the spring :)
Heres how the car sits now

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
And you're going to?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

murtaza911

Ready to race!
thats my dads favourite colour!
Awesome color. Any plans to tune?

And of course, post pics

My fav colour too! It's actually why I ended up deciding on this. Was originally between an S5 and Model 3. But then I saw that Porsche offered this colour on the macan, and it was within my price range so I jumped on it. Of course, I went out of my price range when I started optioning it out lol. oops.

Definitely have some plans for it! I'm going to try to keep it stock for at least a year. But going to do JB4 (Same engine as S5 for 2019/2020 so the JB4 works!), exhaust, wheels (I ordered base wheels for a reason ;) ) and lower it (Got the air suspension so I could lower it easier with just coding). We'll see what else I do down the road ;)