GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is anyone running an external waste gate turbo?

HuangMoney

Go Kart Newbie
I know that on the BT setups on the mk6, people were running EWGs, but for the mk7 platform I haven't really seen anything of the sort, mostly IS38 sized turbos or slightly larger. I also haven't exactly looked that deeply, but to my knowledge no one is running anything like a GT35 or precision 5858?

I know when I upgrade my turbo i'll probably just settle for an IS38 because I don't want to pay 2k for an upgrade, or upgrade the internals.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
I also haven't exactly looked that deeply, but to my knowledge no one is running anything like a GT35 or precision 5858?

Closing thoughts for tonight since it's getting late (I'll check back tomorrow)

-In my opinion, The GTI's have not had enough overboost accounts to be considered an issue.
-They can run a multitude of different mods and the ECU will adapt for it. (Not optimally, but it can do it).
-You can't realistically run an external wastegate on these cars like you suggested. See source below: (Take a look at the turbo setup in pictures and you'll know why).

Page 1 Post #5

Cheers, we'll pick this up tomorrow.

I googled mk7 external wastegate turbo, and this is a quote from the second link.

I suggest searching deeplier!

Short answer, no due to orientation and spacing available. Or perhaps at least not as of last year... wait two years ago stupid 2018.

HuangMoney

Go Kart Newbie
I googled mk7 external wastegate turbo, and this is a quote from the second link.

I suggest searching deeplier!

Short answer, no due to orientation and spacing available. Or perhaps at least not as of last year... wait two years ago stupid 2018.

Ah... thank you. I was skipping over those links to see if anyone had retrofitted one in the title.

kinda miss my friends mk5 ripping down a tunnel with the ewg screaming, but I suppose its good that our engines can do so much without the need for one :)

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Ah... thank you. I was skipping over those links to see if anyone had retrofitted one in the title.

kinda miss my friends mk5 ripping down a tunnel with the ewg screaming, but I suppose its good that our engines can do so much without the need for one :)

Give it enough time and some one will make it work I'm sure. I only googled because it can be easier to find forum links that way and only suggested you search "deeplier" since you seem interested in it and might learn something to share with us from elsewhere.

Mr.boles

Ready to race!
It can be done this guy is doing with some help fro Frank Mabo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk