GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDEleven sharing in Ontario

Hockey

Ready to race!
Thought I would see if anyone would be interested in letting myself or others borrow their OBD11 donge to make some tweaks. Currently waiting for mine to be shipped. (14-60 days shipping)

From Clarington - Greater Toronto Area.

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Pretty sure that an OBD11 is tied to the owner's phone.

That being said, obd11 can be easily shared at any sort of meets that you might go to (many of us do have this device)

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Speaking of OBDEleven, last night around 11pm I made some tweaks to my car.

DSG reset
PP VAQ Diff strength up
XDS set to weak
Changing steering assist

Lots of LEOs out last night as it's near month end, so not out to really drive the car, but did want to test (toss the car around at speed a bit, but still under mostly control- summer tires in cold and it actually dusted a touch of snow after midnight)

Checked the cornering on the roundabouts in B-Ville.. all seems good. K, time to check the hwy speed....
I go to Waverly, pull on to the highway at about 11:15pm or so, bring it up to about 130 real quick on the on ramp... and this White GTI is matching my speed right behind me....
Aw... not really looking to race, just some high speed lane changing at highway speeds to see if these changes did anything I don't like....
K, I'll slow down. White GTI behind me slows too. Dang. White GTI will probably try to line up, and I want to jump from lane to lane erratically to test the OBDeleven mods..... there's no easy way to communicate that I'm not out for fun... I hop off at Holt. White GTI keeps driving

Are you the White GTI I saw last night?

Hockey

Ready to race!
Speaking of OBDEleven, last night around 11pm I made some tweaks to my car.

DSG reset
PP VAQ Diff strength up
XDS set to weak
Changing steering assist

Lots of LEOs out last night as it's near month end, so not out to really drive the car, but did want to test (toss the car around at speed a bit, but still under mostly control- summer tires in cold and it actually dusted a touch of snow after midnight)

Checked the cornering on the roundabouts in B-Ville.. all seems good. K, time to check the hwy speed....
I go to Waverly, pull on to the highway at about 11:15pm or so, bring it up to about 130 real quick on the on ramp... and this White GTI is matching my speed right behind me....
Aw... not really looking to race, just some high speed lane changing at highway speeds to see if these changes did anything I don't like....
K, I'll slow down. White GTI behind me slows too. Dang. White GTI will probably try to line up, and I want to jump from lane to lane erratically to test the OBDeleven mods..... there's no easy way to communicate that I'm not out for fun... I hop off at Holt. White GTI keeps driving

Are you the White GTI I saw last night?

Not me, but I have spotted one nearly everyday on my commute to Port Perry at Winchester & Harmony. Did it have green stickers on the side windows?

Love seeing other GTI owners out there, always get high beam flash and a thumbs up. Very friendly community.

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
I didn't see any green stickers, but he did have swapped tails.

You've got a jb1 now? Excellent. I've been considering a muffler delete as well, but not sure about delete + down pipe. I just know the other half would want to kill me for keeping the stock muffler in the garage for when a down pipe goes in eventually.

I'm fully agreed, the VW community in general is pretty awesome. Heck, Vortex always got a bad rap, but I met nearly as many cool people through Vwvortex as I did through TDIClub over the years.

Those wheel skins you have look pretty great, by the way. As the Austins slowly get more and more wear, I think those are the best cosmetic enhancement you can give 'em. They're from Klii, right? The cheaper ones I've seen on ebay don't cover the lug area like that.

Last edited:

Hockey

Ready to race!

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Not me, but I have spotted one nearly everyday on my commute to Port Perry at Winchester & Harmony. Did it have green stickers on the side windows?

Love seeing other GTI owners out there, always get high beam flash and a thumbs up. Very friendly community.
you're at kelseys right now. i saw yours parked as i drove out. im the carbon gray.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk