GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

MadMen

Ready to race!
Read pages back the base tunes were free if you had the Powertap tool. Is that still current? Does that mean if you buy the DSG flash with the Powertap you will be able to load a base ECU file for free, or no?

No. Once you buy a tune, all the other base tunes come with it for free. But you have to buy the credits for one tune first. TCU and ECU credits are different.

mw1978

Ready to race!
I NEED A FAVOR!!!
I’m going to sent email to support@eurodyne but I need more arguments to fight.

I need datalogs from stage 2 93 octane from golf R or S3! I think in S3 tune is a bug and I need datalogs from different cars to show him (Chris) that there is issue.

This is not normal that I got ignition timing 19* at red line with 93 octane and 8* with 91!!!!!
The best would be datazap because I can easy download them

Look on this pictures! Pump fuel not from NASA
93 octane vs 91 LOL

harmsy

Hi guys

What do you think of these logs?

mk7 Golf R
Stage 2 Adjustable ; 'ROW' (Australian)
Has latest Stage 1 DSG flash
Mods are DP, Res delete, IE FMIC, R600 intake, DV+, APR turbo elbow.

Fuel is 98RON (~93 octane). Ambient temp 12C (~54F)

This log has adjustable settings to 93/26 :

https://datazap.me/u/harms/log-1536991676?log=1&data=1-18-19-20-21-22&zoom=401-618

This log has adjustable settings to 94/27 :

https://datazap.me/u/harms/log-1536991676?log=0&data=1-18-19-20-21-22&zoom=288-506

Question for the experts : how do I read boost in these logs?

I'm guessing that 'pressure before throttle set point is" is the load reading in absolute pressure... meaning we'd need to subtract atmospheric pressure to see the pressure above i.e 'ambient pressure'. So, my ambient pressure reads 1007, and I'm pretty much right at sea level. I'll also guess the readings are in mbar?

So for the 94/27 log; to work out peak boost it is 2790 - 1007 = 1783. Convert to PSI x0.0145 = 25.8 PSI??

Last edited:

MadMen

Ready to race!
Question for the experts : how do I read boost in these logs?

I'm guessing that 'pressure before throttle set point is" is the load reading in absolute pressure... meaning we'd need to subtract atmospheric pressure to see the pressure above i.e 'ambient pressure'. So, my ambient pressure reads 1007, and I'm pretty much right at sea level. I'll also guess the readings are in dyns/cm2?

So for the 94/27 log; to work out peak boost it is 2790 - 1007 = 1783. Convert to PSI x0.0145 = 25.8 PSI??

Correct.

harmsy

I like to do the conversion in Excel before loading up to Datazap, so I can see it in MB or PSI....

https://datazap.me/u/madtoy/nmboostconv?log=0&data=1-4-6&mark=25

Thanks heaps!

In your calculated PSI fields, I see you have 'requested boost' as well as 'actual boost'. What fields in the ED logging are they based off?

I'm guessing it could be 'pressure before throttle set point' and 'pressure upstream throttle'. If yes, which field is requested and which is actual?

Cheers

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Thanks heaps!

In your calculated PSI fields, I see you have 'requested boost' as well as 'actual boost'. What fields in the ED logging are they based off?

I'm guessing it could be 'pressure before throttle set point' and 'pressure upstream throttle'. If yes, which field is requested and which is actual?

Cheers
Pressure before throttle is requested

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

MadMen

Ready to race!
Thanks heaps!

Cheers

Here's the formula I use. I insert a column next to D, which should be before throttle set point:

=((D2-1013)*0.014504)

And of course the same thing for pressure set point, changing the D to whatever column it should be (in my case, G)

mw1978

Ready to race!
Madmen
Are You using BRISK er12s plugs? If yes, have you seen any improvement vs stock?

Last edited:

MadMen

Ready to race!
Madmen
Are You using BRISK er12s plugs? If yes, have you seen any improvement vs stock?

Yes, using the Brisk er12 plugs. Really haven't seen a noticeable difference from stock, but I didn't run the stock much. Probably only 1 or 2 logs on the stock plugs.

I ran the NGK RS7 plugs too, and they were also the same. Long term may be different, not sure.

mw1978

Ready to race!
Yes, using the Brisk er12 plugs. Really haven't seen a noticeable difference from stock, but I didn't run the stock much. Probably only 1 or 2 logs on the stock plugs.

I ran the NGK RS7 plugs too, and they were also the same. Long term may be different, not sure.

I want to buy step colder but I have no idea which one. Thinking between brisk and NGK racing but they cost 40$ each

MadMen

Ready to race!
I want to buy step colder but I have no idea which one. Thinking between brisk and NGK racing but they cost 40$ each

Brisk were only $11 each over here....

civicdrivr

Ready to race!
Hey guys, I purchased credits so I can make the jump to Maestro, but I have a few questions before I begin:

1) I see the following notice pop up when I check the server for a Maestro file:

This ecu type must be flashed from the server with the appropriate full (Loader) file before loading a Maestro base file.If the software detects you have not yet done this, it will only display the "Loader" files. Once you have flashed the appropriate full (Loader) file from the server, the software will display the downloadable Maestro base files you can open in the editor the next time you check for Maestro files.

So, I'm supposed to flash "8V0906259K_Maestro0400_Loader_Boss500_4Bar_MPI_LC_NLS_AdjE85.edf" first since it's the loader file, then I can flash "8V0906259K_Maestro0400_Stg1.5.mstro" on top of that and be good to go?

2) Is LC or NLS available in the Stg1.5 file?

3) My downpipe is currently at Swaintech for coating and won't be on the car for another 3-4 weeks. Is it worth it to run the Stg1.5 Maestro file over the OTS 1.5 adjustable file in the meantime?