GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Des Moines, IA?

Gimpster

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 VW Golf R
Did you JUST buy that R? When I was shopping there, they had a DSG R in stock and said the 6MT just sold :)

AlenSubasic

Ready to race!
I got my on October 9th
When I was buying mine they had a Black one with DSG but I didn't want DSG or a Black car [emoji16]

2016 Golf R, 6MT, DCC, LGM
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gimpster

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 VW Golf R
I hear you on the DSG. I drove one just for kicks, but I just couldn't do it.

I grudgingly went with black on this GTI, as I wasn't prepared to spend (almost) R money on a red or white car.

Not sure if you like to race, but I usually hit most of the NQS AutoX's up in Marshalltown and a few others when I have time. Would love to see the R in action sometime. That goes for anyone else too!

AlenSubasic

Ready to race!
I hear you on the DSG. I drove one just for kicks, but I just couldn't do it.

I grudgingly went with black on this GTI, as I wasn't prepared to spend (almost) R money on a red or white car.

Not sure if you like to race, but I usually hit most of the NQS AutoX's up in Marshalltown and a few others when I have time. Would love to see the R in action sometime. That goes for anyone else too!

Yeah I traded in a Red MK6 GTI DSG Apr Stage 1.
DSG is fun but I was missing the manual. I felt like I was in a video game with the DSG if that makes sense lol
I have been looking to get into AutoX I have never done it but I think I will try to find time and do it next year.

ripped

Go Kart Champion
I'm in Lincoln Nebraska

Gimpster

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 VW Golf R
I pass through Lincoln pretty regularly to visit my old man on the Farm (Hebron, NE area).

DasStig - https://www.facebook.com/NQS-Performance-340169165053/

Just keep your eye on that page, they typically run 4 per year. They are held on the, what was, 0.6mi go-kart track (paved road course, plenty wide for a single car) in Marshalltown. It's a mix of domestic, Japanese and European (occasional exotic) vehicles that show up. No ego's or anything like that and it's a good time. The classing isn't as uptight as the SCCA event around here either. My outgoing 2008 Cobalt SS/Turbo was stock class and running at the top of that class. A lot of the folks involved with NQS can instruct/ride along too if you are not comfortable doing it solo yet.

$25 to race, and lasts from sun-up to sun-down basically. They have approved helmets you can use, but I bring my own for my kid and I.

I mention ego's because, and maybe its just me, but the couple times I've done to SCCA sanctioned events around here... my experience was not good.

ripped

Go Kart Champion
Well spring can't come soon enough

AlenSubasic

Ready to race!

Helltime

Ready to race!
I pass through Lincoln pretty regularly to visit my old man on the Farm (Hebron, NE area).

DasStig - https://www.facebook.com/NQS-Performance-340169165053/

Just keep your eye on that page, they typically run 4 per year. They are held on the, what was, 0.6mi go-kart track (paved road course, plenty wide for a single car) in Marshalltown. It's a mix of domestic, Japanese and European (occasional exotic) vehicles that show up. No ego's or anything like that and it's a good time. The classing isn't as uptight as the SCCA event around here either. My outgoing 2008 Cobalt SS/Turbo was stock class and running at the top of that class. A lot of the folks involved with NQS can instruct/ride along too if you are not comfortable doing it solo yet.

$25 to race, and lasts from sun-up to sun-down basically. They have approved helmets you can use, but I bring my own for my kid and I.

I mention ego's because, and maybe its just me, but the couple times I've done to SCCA sanctioned events around here... my experience was not good.

NQS auto-x is awesome!! I have been there in my old mk4 stage 2 gti, 91 miata, red e30, 135i and bone stock reflex silver 1.8T GTI last year.