GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Liqui Moly which one?

CeleritasPrime

Ready to race!
Yessssss

To answer OP question, I use liqui moly molygen next gen. The UV florescence actually helps me a lot bc I must be retarded when reading the dip stick.

The caveat: I don't think the Next Gen stuff is VW-certified. The oil is probably (extremely likely) to be perfectly fine for the car, but if you were to have a warranty claim it might be an issue.

Gibberoni

Ready to race!
Get a kit of the LM 5W-40 from FCP and never pay for oil again. $15 oil changes now. All you have to do is ship back the old oil.

Navi

Autocross Champion
I've read it is? Not sure though; I've see people debate if it really is or not. As fast as I'm concerned it has the following approvals which are good enough for me:

Porsche A40
VW 502 00
VW 505 00

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Leichtlauf High Tech 5W-40, just did a change on Saturday. Been running this oil since I got the car, zero problems. :)

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Last edited:

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
21 VW GTI
Very tempting. Looks like i just found a new vendor!

WhiteTigerSE

Passed Driver's Ed
Has anyone considered Liqui-Moly 5W-40 Top Tec 4100 Low Ash Synthetic Motor Oil? I've been using high tech but am looking at oils with low SAPS to possibly help with reducing carbon build-up.

hooville

Go Kart Newbie
Has anyone considered Liqui-Moly 5W-40 Top Tec 4100 Low Ash Synthetic Motor Oil? I've been using high tech but am looking at oils with low SAPS to possibly help with reducing carbon build-up.

If you want the lowest ash/SAPS look into the 504.00/507.00 spec oils - LiquiMoly has a couple available. These are the newest oil specs and cover all VW group engines (except R5 & V10 PD TDI) and also allow oil change intervals of up to 2 years/18K miles so also very good stuff. Oils that are compatible with DPF (diesel particulate filter) will have the lowest ash/SAPS levels as that's a key aspect of the spec itself.

FWIW, here's a link to an article comparing the various current VW specs:
https://www.oilspecifications.org/articles/vw_motor_oil_specifications_explained.php

I have the same thoughts about trying to minimize carbon build-up on the valves, and I suspect that the difference would be quite small...

But it helps me rationalize my 10K oil changes so I can sleep at night! :rolleyes:
Drain, Fill, Drive, Sleep, Repeat....

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
Just changed to Liqui Moly Leichtlauf High Tech 5w-40 this weekend. So far all I can say is it runs a few degrees cooler than the Castrol that was in it. It may be slightly quieter, but it could also be the placebo effect.