GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 golf r 6spd auto rev matching?

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
I was trying to find some more info on if the mk7.5 golf R manual has auto rev matching. I couldn’t find anything. I did a test to see if i didn’t apply any gas when downshifting if the car would blip the throttle for me and it did. Pretty cool. I would have been surprised if these cars didn’t have it and my cousin’s 2009 370 Z had it lol.
Is there a way to turn the feature off if I ever want to?

tknj99

Ready to race!
On my 2017 GTI it will raise rpm in first gear from a stop when i start letting the clutch out in order to creep the car forward without stalling. Other than that i have not experienced any rev matching that i didn't initiate

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
On my 2017 GTI it will raise rpm in first gear from a stop when i start letting the clutch out in order to creep the car forward without stalling. Other than that i have not experienced any rev matching that i didn't initiate

Loved using this in traffic if I wasn't on an incline. Also won't stall if you are slowing down in 1st.

krisprz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6spd
Maybe it’s something new for mk7.5’s? Or maybe only to the golf R’s? Not sure. But it does blip the throttle when I downshift and don’t apply gas. Could only be in race mode. I drive in mostly race mode lol

robmarktoo

Ready to race!
You're not just watching the RPM's rise as you downshift are you? You actually heard/saw the RPMs go up when you clutched in but before you re engaged the clutch?

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
On the 370Z it was required as the throttle response was extremely horrible to a point even I used auto-rev match on the car to induce blip.

Auto blip takes away a lot of fun from driving a MT car properly (well for me at least). Since the gas pedal position is pretty bad on these Golfs I suppose it's okay unless you mod the pedal like I did. I have no issue blipping the throttle via heel and toe.

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
On the 370Z it was required as the throttle response was extremely horrible to a point even I used auto-rev match on the car to induce blip.

Auto blip takes away a lot of fun from driving a MT car properly (well for me at least). Since the gas pedal position is pretty bad on these Golfs I suppose it's okay unless you mod the pedal like I did. I have no issue blipping the throttle via heel and toe.

How did you mod the pedal?

I had a 6mt G37, and you just had to be heavy with the throttle. I would have loved auto rev match on it, but only the 370Z got it.