GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TWO Blown turbo's with less than 13k miles!

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I'll take credit for that amazing derailment of this thread although I don't think you can actually go off the rails twice.

I love the Disney Robin Hood movie, Maid Marian is a fox in that movie!

Thanks to Wrath for explaining the joke :p

Last edited:

ebg18t

Ready to race!
Thread summary:

-Dealer said it was ok to flash the ecu.
-Subie forum guys said dealer flash = void VW warranty
-OP had better luck with subie and even got dealer to replace clutch when firewall weld failed.
-Turbo blew and dealer replaced it
-OP goes on trip, turbo blows again.
-Different dealer says it’s TD1, no turbo warranty.
-OP is stuck driving Korean rental car
-Multiple forum members admit their enjoyment of Disney films
-One Forum member admits animated character is ‘a fox’ or ‘hot’
-This poster accepts fact he has to watch Disney channel with his 2 year olds and understands where the others are coming from. [emoji21]
-In closing it seems like the subie lasted the OP longer than the VW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rollinVW

Car(s)
2017 GTI
I just found out my turbo is dead today. 2017 GTI SE 6MT. 4,400 miles. It sat for 2 months with me running it 10min a week due to having a broken leg. 2nd time I drove it more then 3 miles EPC and CEL came on and no power. Dealership said dead turbo and have to wait a few days to get one in. I asked how, and they said sometimes these things just happen.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
I just found out my turbo is dead today. 2017 GTI SE 6MT. 4,400 miles. It sat for 2 months with me running it 10min a week due to having a broken leg. 2nd time I drove it more then 3 miles EPC and CEL came on and no power. Dealership said dead turbo and have to wait a few days to get one in. I asked how, and they said sometimes these things just happen.

Yeah, I have a feeling your driving habits didn't help much either unfortunately. By running do you mean you would just start it up and let it idle for 10 minutes? That's not good.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT

warranty, right?

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
yep, not much else I could do with a broken leg unfortunately.

Yeah, completely understand and it probably had no effect on anything. The turbo was just bad (or whatever the dealer ends up finding). In the future, hopefully you don't get injured again, using a battery tender to keep the battery charged is all you really need to do when storing a car for a month or two. Longer than that and you would want to do a few other things.