GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

yorchz

I'm finally getting close to ordering the tails and am likely going to order the harness from DAP since that's the best alternative at this point.

Has anyone confirmed if their harness also throws the fault? Or if DAP's coding already has the 'fix' for it?

DAP harness has the error I just installed mines 2 days ago seems that it is copy of the Jbale one.

I contacted DAP and they do not have a solution to fix it at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

comingabriel

Ready to race!
DAP harness has the error I just installed mines 2 days ago seems that it is copy of the Jbale one.

I contacted DAP and they do not have a solution to fix it at the moment.

Tried changing the lasttyp in the channel where lampendefktbitposition=0 is in from 32 to 6?

Lasttyp20?

fabbromix

A greeting to the whole community, I would like to replace the rear lights of my 2016 Golf Variant Alltrack with those of the new model but I can not say if I have to make any VCDs encodings and any connectors to add.
I ask all of you if anyone would know if I should make new codecs for their operation.
I put you a screen shot to better understand what I would do.
Thank you....

rotaryguy

Passed Driver's Ed
I love that bumper cover design around the bottom, the exhaust, faux or not I think would look great on an R if they are on both sides.
Nice job on the photo BTW. Sorry that was of no help to you...

sfseals

Seriously. I was pming him non stop over the weekend for help with my install which should have gone much smoother. I even connected a wrong pin and needed an explanation on how to unpin. Anything that could have gone wrong went wrong lol yet he answered.

And you wonder why he stopped making them.

supesgolfr

Ready to race!
Can someone please tell me what is the Jbale harness fix for the bulb ECU error code? Thanks!

<edit: jbale has replied with the answer - thanks jbale!>

Last edited:

comingabriel

Ready to race!
Can someone please tell me what is the Jbale harness fix for the bulb ECU error code? Thanks!

Again,

Non-fog or single fog harness - lasttyp28 is changed to 6
Dual Fog light harness - lasttyp21 is changed to 6

Pretty much, where ever channel lampendefektbitposition=00 (put back to 23) is in, is the channel that lasttypxx in that channel series is changed to setting 6 for jbales or daps harness.

Any DAP owners do this and get fixed? IIRC, it's lasttyp20 set to setting 6 instead of 32.

Thank jbale for this coding change.

JBale

Ready to race!
As a '18 golf owner, I'm interested to retrofit the outer tail to the euro lower line version to get the amber turn signal.
Anyone know if the harness required will be the same as the one with the dynamic blinker?

Thanks

The changes required to make the low line EU lights work on a '18 ( assuming face lifted) would me minimal in comparison to what mk7 owners are doing to make the dynamic lights work.

From what I've seen, you would be able to get away with swapping a couple pins at the outer connectors and making some changes to coding.

monchhichi1998hk

Passed Driver's Ed
The changes required to make the low line EU lights work on a '18 ( assuming face lifted) would me minimal in comparison to what mk7 owners are doing to make the dynamic lights work.

From what I've seen, you would be able to get away with swapping a couple pins at the outer connectors and making some changes to coding.

I have seen the photos of the plug of EU low line version and the NA version, the EU low line version has the same plug as the dynamic one (in terms of outer tail)

Ahh wait do you mean no harness is required for changing low line NA to low line EU tail!?
Looking forward to hear more about this

Edit:be more specific

Last edited:

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
I have seen the photos of the plug of EU low line version and the NA version, the EU low line version has the same plug as the dynamic one (in terms of outer tail)

Ahh wait do you mean no harness is required for changing low line version tail!?
Because it isnt dynamic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

edconline

Ok, time for this post finally!

I just installed the Euro Dynamic Tails on my 2018 MK 7.5 North American Golf R. The first facelifted one in North America to have the Euro dynamic tails installed and coded!

JBale built a harness for me and figured out the coding changes required for this to work. I can happily report that everything is working 100% correctly! The installation was very simple, and coding was extremely straightforward. I could not be happier with the product, or communication/service I received from JBale. I can't imagine why anyone would go elsewhere, honestly.

Here are some photos of the lights installed on my 7.5 North American R and a link to a video of the lights fully working. Also, please note I ordered the ones with no rear fog as I didn't want it.

Lights in Action:
https://youtu.be/UPx7G7VIWZg

Stock Tails for 2018 North American R's:

Euro Lights Installed:

Tails On:

Brake Lights:

Hazards (Showing Dynamic Function):

kingkhan

Ready to race!
Is it possible to make the tails non dynamic for the hazards? I feel that it might be safer to have solid bar vs a dynamic light for 4 way flashers

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk