GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Full front 18z 345mm MKVII swap and MKVI rear 4pot caliper conversion bracket

beaumier2006

Ready to race!
Hey everyone. First time selling in this market place. Regardless here we go!

I have a full MKVII 18z swap for a MKVII GTI/R/A3/S3.

Story: Everything have only 1123 miles on them. So just broken in. I ended up ordering a different kit when I couldn’t figure out the ABS lights on my dash. Buuuuut, I sorted it out with the help of another member here, unfortunately I had already ordered another kit. I decided to put my OEM knuckles back on and use the new kit an sell this one. I’m over $2k into this kit but reasonable offers will be entertained. I would rather not split but if you had an MKVI and wanted to go full big boy setup for cheap, this is the opportunity.

Make an offer in these items...
2x MKVI front knuckles
2x MKVI front bearing
2x MKVI front ABS sensors
———————————————
$1000 for all this:
2x 18z calipers by fabless
red stuff pads
stainless lines all with 1k miles in them.
2x 345mm rotors, drilled 1k miles
———————————————
plus shipping

On the car shots:

I was SUPER HAPPY with this setup and it was a massive improvement in braking, especially when paired with the R\S3 rears.

Anyway, my silliness is your gain here. I live in Santa Cruz, CA and can meet up in The Bay Area in person or I can ship at your expense.

The other item was for trying to swap in the matching 4 piston rear caliper. I couldn’t get the electronic parking brake sorted so this just never got installed.

Fabless manufacturing
1 kit MKVI rear 4 pot caliper conversion for non-electronic brake. This is just the bracket, hardware and stainless lines for the 18z 4 pot rear caliper/rotor setup.

$300 shipped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Hey everyone. First time selling in this market place. Regardless here we go!

I have a full MKVII 18z swap for a MKVII GTI/R/A3/S3.

Story: Everything have only 1123 miles on them. So just broken in. I ended up ordering a different kit when I couldn’t figure out the ABS lights on my dash. Buuuuut, I sorted it out with the help of another member here, unfortunately I had already ordered another kit. I decided to put my OEM knuckles back on and use the new kit an sell this one. I’m over $2k into this kit but reasonable offers will be entertained. I would rather not split but if you had an MKVI and wanted to go full big boy setup for cheap, this is the opportunity.

2x MKVI front knuckles
2x MKVI front bearing
2x MKVI front ABS sensors
2x 18z calipers rebuilt and painted black
Set of red stuff pads
2x Stainless lines
2x 345mm rotors, drilled

$1600 plus shipping

On the car shots:

I was SUPER HAPPY with this setup and it was a massive improvement in braking, especially when paired with the R\S3 rears.

Anyway, my silliness is your gain here. I live in Santa Cruz, CA and can meet up in The Bay Area in person or I can shop at your expense.

The other item was for trying to swap in the matching 4 piston rear caliper. I couldn’t get the electronic parking brake sorted so this just say never installed.

Fabless manufacturing
1 kit MKVI rear 4 pot caliper conversion for non-electronic brake. This is just the bracket, hardware and stainless lines for the 18z 4 pot rear caliper/rotor setup.

$300 shipped

Just an FYI - Fabless no longer offers that kit (too bad, great kit). I have the kit and it was designed to work with the Wilwood parking caliper, MKIV R32 emergency brake cables. It came with MKIV R32 brake lines. Nicest kit I could find when I did my full 18z system. I did also install an RS3 master cylinder to minimize pedal travel.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I'm interested in the Fabless setup. Would need it shipped but it shouldn't be too bad, I'm in Socal.

How does it bolt on? Anybody have install instructions, or able to describe the installation? No electronic hand brake on the TDI but tiny rear brakes, 254mm. Want to upgrade with my not yet installed 17Zs.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
I'm interested in the Fabless setup. Would need it shipped but it shouldn't be too bad, I'm in Socal.

How does it bolt on? Anybody have install instructions, or able to describe the installation? No electronic hand brake on the TDI but tiny rear brakes, 254mm. Want to upgrade with my not yet installed 17Zs.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Install instructions are brief but here they are.

Link to pdf

Pic from my install

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Thanks for the info. I suspect this will not be anywhere close to bolting up to the TDI torsion beam rear, haha. Any thoughts? Might be worth giving it a shot anyway. I expect I would be the only Mk7 TDI with the setup. Bump for selling the front set up. I'm in escrow right now but really want the rear kit, gotta talk to the other person in escrow with me first.

beaumier2006

Ready to race!
Thanks for the info. I suspect this will not be anywhere close to bolting up to the TDI torsion beam rear, haha. Any thoughts? Might be worth giving it a shot anyway. I expect I would be the only Mk7 TDI with the setup. Bump for selling the front set up. I'm in escrow right now but really want the rear kit, gotta talk to the other person in escrow with me first.

Sorry for the delayed response here. I have messaged Fabless about the fitment for your car as I am unsure.

beaumier2006

Ready to race!

Also, I would happily cut a deal on this complete setup. Ready to get it out of my garage. ??

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Has it been confirmed that the rear bracket being sold is the bracket for the Wilwood parking brake? I thought there were a few options and couldn't figure it out for sure.

beaumier2006

Ready to race!
Bump for brakes just sitting in my garage. Local sale preferred but willing to drive. I will be passing through OR and WA the first week of November so I can bring them with me.

2018dibgti

Passed Driver's Ed
Bump for brakes just sitting in my garage. Local sale preferred but willing to drive. I will be passing through OR and WA the first week of November so I can bring them with me.

Were you the one to snag those verde’s from letgo?